Questions about my gym that might open in 2024

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Dear Readers,
I am thinking about opening a gym when I am older...I know it is kinda weird that I am already planning my future life. I have a few questions though that I would like answered. SO if you could please answer them, THANK YOU!

-A good name. I have thought of some names like Topsy Turnsy Gymnastics (i like that one) and American Gymnastics Association (that one is probably already used), and Star Gymnastics.

-Team colors. I already picked out blue because I like that color on Leos, so any colors that look good with blue or any colors that are like blue would be great!

-A software to design the gym. This one might not be possible, but if you know of a program like this (that is FREE) please tell me.

-(this one isn't really necessary) A good website to "buy" equipment.

Finally,
-What I should pay workers (once again not really necessary)

THANKS!

2024 is 15 years away, just keep in mind that things change, so colors or even fabrics you like now, may be "out" by then.

Originally my plan was back around 25 to open up my own gym by 35 besides married and starting a family.

We'll see but if anything I don't think I'll be going into the gym biz but rather fitness biz before then.

2024 is 15 years away, just keep in mind that things change, so colors or even fabrics you like now, may be "out" by then.

I just chose a random year. I didn't really mean it.

I want to open a gym too :) Check out the whole gym management forums. Here's a discussion I started on team color ideas that might help:http://www.chalkbucket.com/forums/gym-management/16159-team-colors-please-help.html

I read that and it actually helped ALOT!!! I think I am gonna do turquoise and black. I think those are pretty cool colors.

I wanna make a gym to! For now I'm gonna have Blue White and Silver for team colors. And about the name American Gymnastics Assosiation thats actually another gymnastics thing like USAG. That's what I do at my gym. Where do you want to ahve the gym so you cna think of a name to match where you are.

ur gym

me and my friend (flipandtwist) are actually opening a gym when we get older and blue sounds like a great color......and where are u doing the gym at?????american gymnastics association is i think already taken i would try the topsy turny name that soundz awesome!
:D:);):bars:

me and my friend (flipandtwist) are actually opening a gym when we get older and blue sounds like a great color......and where are u doing the gym at?????american gymnastics association is i think already taken i would try the topsy turny name that soundz awesome!
:D:);):bars:
It will probably be somewhere in South West Ohio. Two gyms in our area are Flip 'n' Twist (colors are purple and white) and Cincinnati Gymnastics (don't know there colors.)

And thanks about Tobsy Turnsy Gymnastics. My friend thought of it.

download google sketchup (free) and then you can design your gym.
i'm just like you. i would do anything to open my own gym one day i know it will be a long way away but i'm trying to get as much info as i can.
GOOD LUCK

Dear Readers,
I am thinking about opening a gym when I am older...I know it is kinda weird that I am already planning my future life. I have a few questions though that I would like answered. SO if you could please answer them, THANK YOU!

-A good name. I have thought of some names like Topsy Turnsy Gymnastics (i like that one) and American Gymnastics Association (that one is probably already used), and Star Gymnastics.

-Team colors. I already picked out blue because I like that color on Leos, so any colors that look good with blue or any colors that are like blue would be great!

-A software to design the gym. This one might not be possible, but if you know of a program like this (that is FREE) please tell me.

Finally,

THANKS!
Hi Wannabe, There is a great graphics program that is free called Gimp. It is designed after photoshop and works great. Just google gimp and download it free. Photoshop can cost upwards of $600-$800 but I would suggest trying the gimp program. I believe you have to have at least windows xp service pack 2 running as your operating system. You can upgrade your xp for free as well at microsoft.com. Just go to downloads and search xp service pack 2. Hope this helps. Good luck with your gym.

I'm just guessing your age ... but it's probably around when I designed my own gym ... a long time ago! ;)
I planned either pink or mauve team colours ... apparently I wasn't planning to include MAG ... come to think of it I didn't include any MAG apparatus in my gym anyway ... :D
And I never did end up working with anything to do with gymnastics ... yet. :rolleyes:

the future

By 2024 the new ZERO GRAVITY tumbling platform should be available. It'll set you back a few dollars, but well worth the investment.

Everything else will be about the same. Maybe?

Dear Readers,

Finally,

THANKS!

Hi Wannabe,

A good start would be with your education and getting a degree in Business Management. A solid business background will help you become a successful gym owner. A gym is a good and dandy but the bottom line is you have to make money in order to stay in business.

Some colleges offer a Sports Administration degree which caters to the sports field. I went to school as a Kinesiology (Exercise Science) Major where they had different sub minors, i.e. physical therapy, sports administration, occupational therapy. Unfortunately, there are no Gymnastics Administration Degrees at this moment in time.

In the meantime, be observant of the things that make a gym successful and always ask questions like you are now. Even if it is far away you can learn why some business owners pay their coaches one way over another. Take up coaching and get as much coaching experience as you can.

I hope this helps!
Coach Casie

I think thats all useless stuff.You don't know anything what is going to happen next day and you are planning for 2024.Its seems to me more like a joke than a question man.This is the reason why your post is that heavily criticized.When the time comes you can easily find out the answers to your questions.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back