Parents Quick, healthy snack

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Flip4funmom

Proud Parent
Long story short my son's coach has offered to keep snacks is in his office for my son for before practice (he goes straight from school). My question is what do you recommend? We have a very strict nut free building policy at our gym so my go to (and his favorite) of peanut butter type stuff is out. I need something quick but will also sustain him through 2 hours of gym plus 30 minutes before dinner at home. He is a very cranky, uncooperative child when hungry.

Thanks

Thanks again

Crackers, applesauce pouches, yogurt pouches, ritz cracker sandwiches or handi-snacks, beef jerkey, pretzels, clif kids z bars, Belvita Bites, Quaker chewy bites. I am assuming you want shelf stable no refrigeration stuff.

Apple slices, laughing cow cheese, American cheese singles, horizon shelf stable milk, pretzel sticks, mini bagels, regular old bread... like eating a straight slice of a cinnamon raisin bread can be quite satisfying when hungry.

Reactions: sce
My dd is a big fan of trail mix and that has always been her go to gym snack. Recently the implemented no peanuts or tree nuts.

So we now make our own with sunflower seeds, pepitas, dried cranberries and raisins and a few m&m.

Send a cooler with him

Fruit, cheese, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, hummus with veggies, Protein bar w/o nuts, sliced ham/turkey, Veggies with dip, bagel and cream cheese. Milk.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back