Parents Quick update on dd

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Granny Smith

Proud Parent
Well, the Summer is officially over! Dd is on break for the week and starts back at the gym on the 8th, which also happens to be the first day of school for her.

Summer was very productive, gym-wise. She worked on a lot of stuff and the HC is very happy with what she saw (she told, I'm not making this up! ;))

Dd got her new floor routine last week and I just love, love, love it! It really fits her personality and definitely shows off her dancing abilities. Her music is very unique and I am sure it will turn some heads at meets. I can't wait until she competes it. HC did say that dd will also be getting her beam routine around the end of September - then she will be good to go!

Probably when she heads back we should be getting her leo and warm up, they were ordered back in July. HC decided to change our leo color to red this yr.

Dd also got her meet schedule for the upcoming season. I can't believe how quickly time is flying. Tomorrow I am hopefully booking my airfare for the flyaway meet - hate to part with the money, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do! :eek:

I've been watching the summer wind down here too. I can't believe how fast it went. This would have been Bean's week off, if she hadn't gone to camp.

I can't wait to see your daughter in action at her competitions! I love it when the season starts again, you can feels the excitement as the meets draw near!!

Where is your flyaway meet? Bean's competing in AZ this coming March...we missed it last year due to finances, but this time she's been saving in advance:)

Your Bean is awesome and I know she is having a wonderful time at camp - does she get the opportunity to call home?

AZ from Canada is a pretty good distance, how much are they socking you for airfare?

Dd's flyaway is in Texas this yr in Feb. WOGA Classic. I would like my whole family to go (dh & ds too) because it is the weekend of ds's birthday and I want to be with him, but if airfare is really high we might have to just send myself and dd like last yr. Southwest's window for our dates is supposed to open up tomorrow and that is what I am waiting for. I would prefer to fly Southwest, but if the other airlines drop lower that Southwest, I'll go with whoever is the cheapest.

I love your dd s leotard from last year. It was one of the favourites I saw. What is this years like and what do you do with your old ones. You could auction it off here ;]

I haven't seen the new one yet, but I have heard the description. All red, body does have bling and the arms are full length sleeves that are red mesh.

As for dd's old ones, I keep them. We do a gently used leo sale at the gym, while others seem quick to sell their dd's comp leos, I choose to keep them. I hope she will look back at them some day and have fond memories.

I was considering getting the sleeves cut off of it and turning it into a tank work out leo (cause it still fits), but that thing is such high maintainance, I would probably tarnish the teal in the first washing! :eek: I did love the look of this leo though, glad you did too!

I love your dd s leotard from last year. It was one of the favourites I saw. What is this years like and what do you do with your old ones. You could auction it off here ;]

we were 1st going to woga classic...then it fell on the same date as a LA meet. so we are not going... too bad, would of loved to watched your daughter!!!!

It sounds like she is more then ready for the season, can't wait to see that new floor routine. It is lovely when they get a great fir music wise.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back