WAG Quitting Gymnastics to do Pole vaulting ? :(

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey everyone. Thanks for the answers.

So, I have decided that, at least for now, I'm going to take a break from gymnastics (that way, if I really hate it I can return). I will be doing diving, and potentially another sport in the spring, as well as Pole vaulting. I achieved all my goals and placed 2nd at the highest competition in xcel, and also have gotten all my "have to get before I quit" skills. I love gymnastics and it has been a part of my identity for years, but I talked it over with my mom, and I think I made the right decision.

It's just very painful to me.
Good luck to you. Remember the right decision may be painful but it should feel right and make you content.

Sarah, it sounds like you've made a well-thought out decision. Sometimes doing what's right is painful, at least for a period of time. I wish you all the best and please come back to let us know how your new sports are going!

@Sarah_the_gymnast Good luck! I know that no transition is easy. But you have always been so positive and creative and full of energy that I'm sure you will do well in whatever you choose to focus in.

Please keep us posted!

Big hugs!

Hey everyone. Thanks for the answers.

So, I have decided that, at least for now, I'm going to take a break from gymnastics (that way, if I really hate it I can return). I will be doing diving, and potentially another sport in the spring, as well as Pole vaulting. I achieved all my goals and placed 2nd at the highest competition in xcel, and also have gotten all my "have to get before I quit" skills. I love gymnastics and it has been a part of my identity for years, but I talked it over with my mom, and I think I made the right decision.

Best of luck! It was hard for me too when I decided to leave gymnastics. Part of me was happy in some ways but the other half was sad. I've since found a new sport, swimming, which I very much enjoy. I go to open gym still though and just do gymnastics for fun. I hope you enjoy the sports you are trying but you can always come back to gym if you choose to.

Good luck! :)

Anyway, I hope that you stay in gymnastics in some way, gymnastics community would lose so much in you! I have noticed that you are very interested about the COP and judging, very technical and analytical. Maybe you could sing up for judging course? Maybe not right now when you are getting used to the new schedule and everything, but maybe later on when you have settled in your new sport?

Coaching gymnastics classes could also be something you could do in addition to pole vaulting. It's a nice part time job that not every high school or college kid can just walk into. I'm sure that many gyms would love to have you!

it is painful. you are leaving something you love. but, honestly, it's a great life lesson. as you grow you will leave things you love. home, friends, a job for a better job, boyfriends (lol). if you can learn now to process the pain and realize it is a grief process of it's own kind, then you are a step ahead of the game.

i think it's fantastic what you are doing. i wish you all the best and i hope you update us on how you are doing (and perhaps share a video!).

it is painful. you are leaving something you love. but, honestly, it's a great life lesson. as you grow you will leave things you love. home, friends, a job for a better job, boyfriends (lol). if you can learn now to process the pain and realize it is a grief process of it's own kind, then you are a step ahead of the game.

i think it's fantastic what you are doing. i wish you all the best and i hope you update us on how you are doing (and perhaps share a video!).

I definitely will.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back