WAG Raisman and Biles Highlight 2017 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I don't know how I feel about this. I mean they can do anything they want to, but if I was an olympic gymnast I would not model for the swinsuit edition. But then again, it's their choice.

That article said both of them train in Houston? Doesn't Aly train in Boston?

I guess modeling in a swimsuit really isn't revealing much more than modeling in a Leo ;). And didn't Aly do nude shots not too long ago for SI for some other magazine like that?

I haven't seen an SI swimsuit issue for a long time, but I know back in the day those pics were very sexualized and bordering on exploitive - I hope all of their pictures are tasteful. The two shown in the article look okay I guess.

That article said both of them train in Houston? Doesn't Aly train in Boston?

I guess modeling in a swimsuit really isn't revealing much more than modeling in a Leo ;). And didn't Aly do nude shots not too long ago for SI for some other magazine like that?

I haven't seen an SI swimsuit issue for a long time, but I know back in the day those pics were very sexualized and bordering on exploitive - I hope all of their pictures are tasteful. The two shown in the article look okay I guess.
She started at Brestyans in boston, but I don't think she goes there any more.

Aly started somewhere else and trained at Brestyams for upper optionals and both Olympics. I don't know where she "lives" now. She has a boyfriend that is anNFL player for the Raiders and she seems to be bouncing around doing the celebrity endorsement appearance thing. She must be getting some training in somewhere.

The pictures and more on People.com are amazing. Aly is almost unrecognizable in some. Simone looks incredible too. I still like the pictures of Simone with here ear to ear grin but most of the pictures look more "sexy" than happy.

After the beach shot from Rio went viral SI must have been BEGGING them to appear in the issue.

Aly started somewhere else and trained at Brestyams for upper optionals and both Olympics. I don't know where she "lives" now. She has a boyfriend that is anNFL player for the Raiders and she seems to be bouncing around doing the celebrity endorsement appearance thing. She must be getting some training in somewhere.

The pictures and more on People.com are amazing. Aly is almost unrecognizable in some. Simone looks incredible too. I still like the pictures of Simone with here ear to ear grin but most of the pictures look more "sexy" than happy.

After the beach shot from Rio went viral SI must have been BEGGING them to appear in the issue.
Thanks for clarifying

I'm sure Aly would return to Mihai Brestyan if she were to return to training. The article probably says Houston because the Ranch is in Texas. She's not currently training anywhere, as far as anybody knows - taking a well earned break!

Aly and Simone both look stunning in their photos. Of course it's not their fault, but I wish the swimsuit briefs fit them better, they seem a bit small for such strong-looking girls with filled out thighs and behinds. Unless they're supposed to be so revealing? If so, to each their own I guess, I would never wear that, but then I don't look anything like those girls ;)

I am fine with it. They are adults. I think it is great to show healthy muscular women. I am not sold on Aly's pic lying on that concrete bench. I mean, who lies like that - ever?! But in general they seemed fine.

I am fine with it. They are adults. I think it is great to show healthy muscular women. I am not sold on Aly's pic lying on that concrete bench. I mean, who lies like that - ever?! But in general they seemed fine.

I am not at all against the revealing aspect (though like I said, I wouldn't do it myself, doesn't mean I think they shouldn't), I just think it looks like they fit badly :)

I am not at all against the revealing aspect (though like I said, I wouldn't do it myself, doesn't mean I think they shouldn't), I just think it looks like they fit badly :)

Raisman has posed for the ESPN Body issue before. I don't see a problem with the photos or the suits or anything. I didn't have an issue with the body issue, but that's just me.

I have an issue with the posing before and now. She is an adult, but she has hundreds of young, impressionable girls who are following her. I just don't think it's the best idea or choice. Not to mention, the comments online with the photos of her from the last shoot were accompanied by some of the most perverted and nasty comments from what I assume were males, young and old. I had to stop reading as it was getting pretty disturbing. I just don't think when your main following of fans is young girls that you should be posing nude (or just about nude). She is beautiful, her body is amazing, but she can cover up the parts that should be covered and still be beautiful, and amazing, and show off her body appropriately. I will never feel differently about modesty and appropriateness.

Every part of her that could be considered indecent was covered both then and now. Heck, neither shoot showed much more than a leo does.

I love that she feels comfortable in her skin and I can say 100% that I would not be anything but proud if either of my daughters had a similar shoot.

Both of Aly's shoots were imminently classy and fit squarely in my definition of being powerful in your skin.

Every part of her that could be considered indecent was covered both then and now. Heck, neither shoot showed much more than a leo does.

I love that she feels comfortable in her skin and I can say 100% that I would not be anything but proud if either of my daughters had a similar shoot.

Both of Aly's shoots were imminently classy and fit squarely in my definition of being powerful in your skin.
(If you're referring to my post, I saw the other photo shoot. No way would I approve of my daughter doing that. And yes, it showed way more than a leo does, unless the leo is see-through.)

(If you're referring to my post, I saw the other photo shoot. No way would I approve of my daughter doing that. And yes, it showed way more than a leo does, unless the leo is see-through.)

The beauty of America's ~to each their own~ philosophy. I see it as empowering and furthering of a new direction in the conversation of female beauty. You see it as risqué and/or inappropriate. Agree to disagree.

I have an issue with the posing before and now. She is an adult, but she has hundreds of young, impressionable girls who are following her. I just don't think it's the best idea or choice. Not to mention, the comments online with the photos of her from the last shoot were accompanied by some of the most perverted and nasty comments from what I assume were males, young and old. I had to stop reading as it was getting pretty disturbing. I just don't think when your main following of fans is young girls that you should be posing nude (or just about nude). She is beautiful, her body is amazing, but she can cover up the parts that should be covered and still be beautiful, and amazing, and show off her body appropriately. I will never feel differently about modesty and appropriateness.

I don't disagree that her fan base is made up of a bunch of young girls that want to be just like her or that these young girls are impressionable; however, I feel that the impression that they take away from any situation or any role model is up to the parent. Just my opinion, but I think the parental reaction to any child asking questions about these photos should be about beauty and confidence. The comments, well, not much you can do about those. I would not consider the photos lewd & I've definitely seen photos more suggestive.

i saw that as well and i thought it was tastefully done. i didn't see any parts that i felt shouldn't be seen.
no, i wouldn't like my kid doing it either but she's grown *woman* and as such can make her own choices.

After reading the thread, I have no problem with them posing. You go girls! You look great!

The thing I disagree with is being in the swimsuit issue. That is the issue that people buy to oggle and objectify the women inside. I am all for modeling, but like someone said above, they have lots of little girls looking up to them.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back