WAG Random Question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MILgymFAM

Proud Parent
Is there an actual official record of all girls scores? Like linked with their USAG number in the USAG system?

There was a thing with t&t scores this year where all the optionals (L8+ in t&t) had to prove they'd previously gotten the move up score. A girl at my DDs' gym had no proof and had to drop back down.

When we move a gym could check out ODD's scores on my meet scores, but they're not all there- and there is no meet scores website for t&t or rhythmic. How do coaches verify they're putting the girls in the right level? How does usag verify?

I am absolutely positively not attempting anything shady here- ODD is hoping for platinum (and has verifiably done gold and L6) in artistic, and is looking at staying in Xpress for rhythmic. Both girls would stay the same levels in t&t. So, I'm not saying a gym couldn't take our word for it- they could- I'm just wondering if it's actually documentable?

We are NorCal. Meetscores is both incomplete and occasionally wrong. Just seems odd that meets are sanctioned but scores aren't recorded officially.

There is no meetscores website of any sort for rhythmic or t&t, so it was more an overarching usag question.

ETA: I guess since this question encompassed multiple disciplines this might be in the wrong forum. Maybe an admin could move it to off topic?

Reactions: sce
When my ds did T&T, the meet hosting gym would post final scores on their web pages. That is the only way we ever knew how anything went his first year.

And I agree that meetscores and mymeetscores are both lacking and sometimes wrong. My dd's three best meets never posted anywhere. It bugs her when she looks herself up online and sees all of her high scores are wrong.

There is nothing official because not all gyms register their meets on the USAG website.
Technically, sanctioned meets should send results to the state USAG, but they do not have to post them anywhere.
For girls that compete USAG JO or Xcel for a YMCA that only competes YMCA and not also club, it is as hard to find accurately posted information as it is in T&T and Rhythmic.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back