Parents Rayna's 1st Competition

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi, I haven't posted in awhile, but have tried to keep up. My dd started gymnastics almost 2 years ago and is now 9 years old.

She recently started posting here under the name Rainstar. This past weekend she had her 1st ever provincial qualifier. She did really well. Bars 11.65 (2nd), beam 11.75(1st), floor 11.75(1st) and vault 11.15(5th) Her all around score was 46.30 and she won gold!

I'm attaching a link to her floor and beam routine. Unfortunately the footage of vault didn't turn out too well because it was in the distance and I missed most of bars trying to figure out my camera. Hopefully I'll get them all at the next meet in February.

http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=1639450&vw=g&b=0&pos=1&p=rayna's&fr=sfp

Canandiangymmom

Congrats to her. She did great. What level is she? How does it compare to the levels in the US??

Thanks for sharing the video!:)

a big congrats to Rayna! Canadiangymmom that has the be THE cutest routine I have ever seen! And Rayna is simply amazing - thank you for sharing :D

Canandiangymmom,

Wow, Rayna did a beautiful job, she is a very talented little girl. I am guessing that you are in Ontario as you have levels 1-10 and are using the same scoring system as us in Quebec.

I see she asily made the score for Provincials, should be a lot of fun for her.

That is one of the cutest floor routines ever, II do love our system so much as the girls really do get to be themselves.

Good luck for the rest of the season.:)

Thanks for the feedback on the routine. I love the mickey mouse also. Her coach did a fantastic job choosing music that suits her and choreography that fits. She actually had the same routine last year but with slightly different tumbling. Next year she'll change, and I'll miss it.

Rayna is currently a level 5. I'm not positive, but I think it translates very closely to US levels, the only difference being that here they have required elements, but unique routines.

Canadiangymmom

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back