re: Gyms in FL?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

msl529

Hi All, I wrote a few months back. We were planning a move to South FL from Northern CA, and I was seeking feedback about gyms in FL. I thought I'd write again and tell you all how it went...We moved at the end of Feb. My daughter (2nd year L5, from a very good gym in NorCal) tried out two gyms-Twisters (now in Coconut Creek) and Bieger's (in Deerfield Beach). We were planning to have her join Twister's, but after one practice she asked to try somewhere else. Initially, we were not going to try Bieger's, simply becasue her school day ended after their practices began. I called Bieger's and spoke w/ Andrea Bieger, who was happy to accomodate my daughter's school hours, saying she could come later, and stay later, if she needed. My daughter found the girls at Bieger's to be welcoming, and the training to be very good. She adores their head coach, Brian. Incidentally, she ended up moving schools, and now her hours work out perfectly w/ Bieger's. Plus, she made a really sweet friend there (thanks to the Mom for being very friendly w/ me), whom she loves to hang out with! I am so thankful that she has her sport, which really has been a steady force in her life. Gymnastics, despite all the drama, can be a really healthy place for your kid, as long as you stay out of the 'drama' and seek what works best for your child! Thank you Lord!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's good news. Your story sounds a little like ours. We moved to a new state recently and had to find a new gym. The one we ended up at is not the one I initially thought I'd like the most, but I kept an open mind. It really does help kids in the transition to be able to keep their activities the same. I'm glad it worked out for you. And it should be fun for you and dd to watch Jana through this Olympic year.

we moved to florida in dec . The gym has become our social hub. My dd made a great friend and so I have I in her best friends mom. It has been great for us.

we moved to florida in dec . The gym has become our social hub. My dd made a great friend and so I have I in her best friends mom. It has been great for us.
Glad to hear that it has gone well for you also! It's comforting to hear these good stories associated w/ the sport.

That`s awesome! :)
I`m sure your daughter will enjoy it at Bieger`s! :) They are great people.
Thank you! I think she will be very happy there. So far, the people there have acted with great integrity, which is sometimes sadly lacking in this sport!

That's good news. Your story sounds a little like ours. We moved to a new state recently and had to find a new gym. The one we ended up at is not the one I initially thought I'd like the most, but I kept an open mind. It really does help kids in the transition to be able to keep their activities the same. I'm glad it worked out for you. And it should be fun for you and dd to watch Jana through this Olympic year.
Thanks! Being involved in gymnastics has been a great outlet for my daughter, and a great way to get connected with new friends. Glad it has turned out well for you as well. My daughter is definitely having fun rooting for Jana, who is a very sweet young lady.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back