WAG Ready to compete tsuk in 6 months??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I recall learning a tsuk (with a salto) quite easily. Timers + drills for a couple months and I learned a tsuk. I started learning it in late May and competed in mid-January. If you need any drills let me know!

Tsuk vs. yurchenko: While playing in the gym the other day I was able to easily pull out a tsuk (6 years later), but I was way to scared to even try a yurchenko and I'd competed both.

And I've always heard the tsuk entry just called half-on!

Y'all are giving me some modest hope for DS next year, who might be trying to go from L6 to L8. I have always been figuring that vault would be the worst. Now I'm thinking maybe it will be floor!

At our gym we call the tsuk entry 'half on'. I think generally just a half on by itself is not competed or in the code of points. A half on half twist off (with no salto) is common with us and apparently a half on with full twist off is worth the same as a tsuk in difficulty.

It is in the COP. We use it for our xcel gold girls. It's an A skills. We call them half ons as well but it's in the COP as 1/4 - 1/2 twist on to repulsion off.

Based on our experience with our dd, going from a FHS vault to a Tsuk in 6 months is possible. It took her about 4 months to flip it without a spot. Vault isn't her best event.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back