Rebecca Bross Injury

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Poor Becca!

Did anyone see that fall on vault? Just getting back from an injury and something like this happens. Do you think it will be anything serious? I certainly hope not!

Looked a lot like an ACL injury. My heart goes out to her, her family, her coaches, other athletes and spectators.
Thankfully NBC didn't replay it

The poor thing! They just said that they don't think it's an ACL injury now, but an injury to her kneecap. Whatever it is, they don't expect her to be able to come back this year. I just feel so bad for her.

They reported that it's a dislocated right knee cap. Poor thing! better than an ACL tear though. One of My team mates dislocated and fractured her knee cap landing on floor the same type of way. She was competing within 5 months of the injury with most of her skills back. Hope Bross will have a speedy recovery and still have a chance at the olympics!

I died inside watching that. Rebecca has been my fan fave for years now, I really hope she recovers and is sound to compete her next go 'round. I wonder if she'll be out for worlds? Whatever it takes though, if she wants the Olympics then I'm hoping she catches a break on the injury front. Poor girl has been through a lot lately. Rough Nationals this year, Chellsie dislocated her shoulder I read :( Falls, injuries, just a gauntlet of a competition.

I dislocated my knee cap playing volleyball and it hurts. A lot. Hopefully she is able to have a quick recovery and being an athlete in great physical condition always seems to help recovery, but I was in a splint for 6 weeks and then pt for two 3 weeks cycles.

I couln't believe that landing and the injury of Rebecca Bross yesterday. I heard today that she dislocated her Knee cap. that was the same injury that my son had and he had to stop competing when it happened a 2nd time. Its a good 6 months of rehab and barly any gymnastics if at all!!! Hope this doesn't end her Olympic dreams because this very well could still be an issue come Olympic time. Prayers going out to her.

I feel really bad for her. I dislocated my kneecap in January and it's pretty painful. She probably won't be healthy in time for Worlds (the kneecap usually takes a couple months to stabilize so that it's not in danger of popping out again on a minor fall) but the recovery isn't as long or hard as an ACL, which from the look of the fall she's lucky she didn't have. I hope she recovers quickly! This also kinda messes up the World team as she seemed to be a lock (more because of her experience than performance though... she was obviously hurting before this). I wonder who they'll pick to "replace" her.

On a kinda unrelated note, I wonder if she has her problems with her ankles because she has to sickle her feet to keep them together? It seems that that would make them strong in the wrong places and weak in the right muscles she uses for landings.

Rebecca didn't look healthy to begin with at Visa. She was struggling alot even before vault. I won't speculate on how long she'll be out, but basically the world team has to be ready to compete in 4-5 weeks. No way will be be ready for that.
I absolutely wish her a full recovery from her ankle surgery and this recent injury and hope she can return to the sport at some time fully healed.

Rebecca bross

Are there any thoughts on rebecca bross's vault? That was so sad I gasped then cried she is my favorite gymnast in the whole world. Poor girl it looked like she was in alot of pain.

She dodged a real bullet with it not being an ACL. I had my surgery over a year ago and it still hurts. If there is a silver lining, at least she's off her ankle for a while. I still think her ankle may have been too weak for her to compete this meet. It's sad she won't be healed in time for world's but at least she's not completely out of the running for 2012.

On a kinda unrelated note, I wonder if she has her problems with her ankles because she has to sickle her feet to keep them together? It seems that that would make them strong in the wrong places and weak in the right muscles she uses for landings.

I noticed this also--especially on bars. It looks so awkward. I can imagine the strain on the ankles, and eventually knees with all that "sickeling". I know that dd's ballet instructers are always commenting and correcting any sickeling, especially when they are en pointe. So, I am guessing that it can't be the best for the alignment of the legs.

I don't want this to sound wrong, but what is the story with her legs, especially on bars. Her ankles don't touch, just her toes. I never noticed it before on any gymnasts.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back