Rebecca Bross Injury

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I don't want this to sound wrong, but what is the story with her legs, especially on bars. Her ankles don't touch, just her toes. I never noticed it before on any gymnasts.

She's really bowlegged, and her feet don't naturally touch when her upper legs are together. So she sickles them so that they touch and she doesn't get deducted for leg/feet separation.

Here is a good pic of Becca on bars showing the "sickling" of the feet:

tumblr_lb4w18N1qu1qat3uuo1_500.jpg

Her injury broke my heart. I think hearing her cry out in pain was the worst. I wish her a speedy recovery, and hope this injury doesn't become career ending.

She's really bowlegged, and her feet don't naturally touch when her upper legs are together. So she sickles them so that they touch and she doesn't get deducted for leg/feet separation.

She isn't the only one that does the "sickling" on bars. Not good at all for the ankles.

come on everyone. becca has valgus. she is more prone to patellar dislocation. the good news is that's all that it was. xrays negative. time to heal. yes, better decisions might have been made about her competing at all. let's wish her luck! she reads here!:)

Well if anyone can come back strong, its Becca. That girls has the guts, determination, mind, and will to overcome even the worst obstacle. She is a true role model for work ethic! Wishing her the best!

SHe is my daughter's favorite! I think dd loves her because she is a serious competitor and my dd is as well! We were watching together when we saw Rebecca's injury. She was very worried and told me that if anyone can get better it would be "becca bross!!!" Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Well wishes for Rebecca Bross

My DD's and I would like to send out a speedy well wishes for Rebecca Bross. She has become my DD's favorite gymnast because of her strong determination. She is a great role model for our little girls.

Get well soon Rebecca!:)

Rebecca is my daughter's favorite too. I hope she is able to heal quickly and with as little pain as possible. It brought tears to my eyes to see her crying.

I know she can't help the way her legs are, but I always find it very distracting. I wish her the best of luck. It's going to be tough to come back as strong as she's been in time.

Rebecca...if you read here...then read this:

You're awesome! Can't wait until your back...wishing you the best!

Last edited:
it was heartbreaking to see her cry out like that! she is so good at hiding emotions and staying strong that seeing her like that was horrible

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back