Rebuild strength, reduce pain?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

2 years ago I was in a squad, but I gave it up and moved to recreational gymnastics, an hour or 2 a week as and when I felt like it. On Saturday I changed gyms and am now in a squad again, 8hrs per week. My whole body hurts.

My calves, my tummy muscles, my arms, my shoulders, my trapezoids, my inner and outer thighs.

I want to get strong again, but I can't even chin up anymore. Conditioning is hurting like hell. I'm finding it so hard just to walk up and down the stairs. Do I keep training every night or should I have some time off? How can I get stronger? How can I make it hurt less? I want to train fully again so badly, but I need to get strong first.

- BreathexGymnastics

Every night? Not at first. You need to build up to it over time.

For pullups, practice jumping up and holding the pullup position at the top and slowly lowering.

If this is too difficult, do the pullups at an angle parallel to the ground. Some people call them body rows. It would be good to work a hold at the top as well.

What's your current schedule of training for the 8 hours? 4 days a week of 2 hours or 2 days of 4 hours?

Athletes need rest as well to allow their muscles to grow and recover.

I know how you feel but i just work throu it you know ?It helps if you think about something els beside the pain :) like see how many times you can sing the alhabet lolzz nj its helps me :p

Every night? Not at first. You need to build up to it over time.

For pullups, practice jumping up and holding the pullup position at the top and slowly lowering.

If this is too difficult, do the pullups at an angle parallel to the ground. Some people call them body rows. It would be good to work a hold at the top as well.

What's your current schedule of training for the 8 hours? 4 days a week of 2 hours or 2 days of 4 hours?

Athletes need rest as well to allow their muscles to grow and recover.

I still have the strength for tumbling and I can still hold my straddle levers for a good while. It seems weird that I struggle with pull ups on the bar. I can do them in reverse, but not up.

The week is broken into 2hr sessions, 4 days a week, but I'm also training another 3 hours recreational open gym at 2 different clubs in an attempt to catch up.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back