Parents Recital Over...summer break approaching

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DND

Proud Parent
What a past couple of weeks! Dance and gym recitals over and now weekends off for the summer. School ends Wednesday and all have had rehearsals, presentations and track and field days piled on top of each other.

I am excited for a rest and DD is already worried about what we are going to do!! Can't imagine what it is going to be like when she has her three weeks off from gym in July...ugh!

The gym recital was really well done and the girls choreographed the whole routine themselves. Sorry for the poor video as the gym one is on my phone and the dance one is just my poor videography!

Pantherrama 2013 - YouTube
Jazz Recital Dance 2013 - YouTube

Loved the video's. They were great.
I am so jealous, I love the end of year stuff.
And I hate winter, competition season and did I say winter, lol. Wish we were at the other end of the year.

I enjoyed watching the videos. Thanks or sharing.

Three weeks off gym for the summer? That sounds like a lot! How old are the girls and does that affect their progress?

Yes this is the only time off they get all year!

It does not seem to hurt them as long as they maintain the 2page summer conditioning program they are given.

It also seems to give them a chance to heel old wounds before starting the strength training and then the new skill time when they go back.

The girls in the group range from 9yo and up and in various levels of the national program in Canada.

Normally they train 25 hrs a week.

Our team kids also get three weeks off - a week at Christnas, a week in March, and the week school starts. Rec kids typically get an extra week or two at Christmas and may have holiday weekend classes adjusted as well.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back