Recommended Clubs in QLD?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

twist

Proud Parent
Hi we might be moving to Australia - Brisbane, Sunshine Coast area and looking for a gym club with good, positive, elite coaches and programmes for WAG?? Level 9 - 10, JI, SI. Great team atmosphere a must. Possibly aligned with a good school? Recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

On the Sunshine Coast you have the Sunshine Coast Gymnastics Academy in Woobye.

The Maroocy Beach Gymnastics Club, at Maroochy Beach.

Conroy Gymnastics Club, Of course in Cooroy.

The regular Clubs in QLD don't have Junior and Senior international gymnasts. Gymnasts who compete at this level train at the QLD High Performance Centre at Chandler in Brisbane.

All three have a small number of higher level gymnasts, the larger level 7-10 teams are found on the Gold Coast and in Brisbane.

Are you looking at the Sunshine Coast or Brisbane - there's more than an hour's drive between them. There aren't many clubs with 9's and 10's in Queensland full stop and as Aussie_coach said, the only place to train JI or SI is at the HPC which is on the southside of Brisbane.

Delta Gymnastics is situated in the Gold coast and depending where you decide to live in Brisbane will be more or less accessible. As far as I can tell/have seen they are a really tight knit gym with a really good team environment (girls are always cheering each other on at meets, they have team chants etc.) which is really nice to see. As well as that they are one of the gyms which most teams strive to beat! Hope you find a good fit
P.S I just had a squiz at their website and they also have a Brisbane based gym situated on the North side :)

The Sunshine Coast is on the opposite side of Brisbane, and Noosa is right at the top of it. Delta Gold Coast is at the bottom end of the Gold Coast so it would be about a 2.5 hour drive one way between the 2 without traffic. Some people commute from the Sunshine Coast to Delta Brisbane which is the largest gym with seniors (Level 7 up) in Queensland, but I wouldn't want to commit to that commute without understanding what the commute is. I don't know of anyone who commutes to Delta Gold Coast from Brisbane, as there are just as good clubs closer to home. But if you're moving to Brisbane, Delta Brisbane would definitely be a good option. They are opening a new gym for their seniors at Kedron (on the north side) from early 2016.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back