Parents Recruiting

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
OK..so those of us with kids of recruiting age, what kinds of things are your kids doing right now? Are they still contacting coaches, etc? IG? Let's share ideas for our rising seniors! (and younger can learn from it too)

Almost old enough to make contact but not quite yet. Recently hired a consultant. Mine is posting videos/pics on IG of her workouts, drills, stretching, how she's visualizing her skills and routines and also posting about what she's doing to staying motivated and connected with her team. She's also using this time to research schools, watching meet videos, college IG videos, looking at what schools have to offer academically etc. What might be a mutual fit for her and the school.

what grade and what level are we referring to? are we talking middle schooler? Level 10/elite? I don't know any college gymnasts so I would like a point of reference. I have girls and have not idea when or how to start the "informal process" that could feed into the NCAA requirements. When do recruiters approach, how does it happen, what level is the gymnast? thanks.

mine will "graduate" school in 2023 so I don't think she can contact coaches until next june? It's a bit harder to do from the UK and it's not gymnastics so a bit different. Sites like this though are invaluable.

She has a top 3, and a couple of second choices. She's aiming very high though. We've done some social media and had a few follows but will start emailing after Christmas probably.

She's no idea what she wants to do academically, but I think your Undergrad degrees are broader than ours? So I reckon she can do something she finds interesting, if it's paid for we can afford a second vocational degree here if necessary.

I quite fancy a big road trip next summer touring colleges ;)

She's no idea what she wants to do academically, but I think your Undergrad degrees are broader than ours? So I reckon she can do something she finds interesting, if it's paid for we can afford a second vocational degree here if necessary.

- Can you expand on this? Curious about the differences

I know my Q is a little off topic but since the forums have been so slow lately, I hope the mods will let this slide

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back