Reflecting on the life of a beautiful gymnast - Gina Morri

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I wanted to take a minute and share some sad news that people may not have heard about. Last week, the gymnastics world lost a Level 10, 16 year old gymnast named Gina Morri. Last Tuesday, she was out on a training run with her gymnastics team and was hit by a dump truck. She was rushed to the hospital and into surgery to repair a collapsed lung. While in surgery, she also suffered a cardiac arrest. She was stabilized after surgery, but the severity of her injuries were still unknown. She sadly passed away on Thursday from her brain injuries. From the stories I have read about her, she was an extremely talented gymnast, a good friend to everyone and a joy to be around. She had just finished her sophomore year of high school and looking forward to the summer with a new driver's license. It is so eery how life can literally change in an instant. Please send your positive thoughts and prayers to her family, friends and teammates during this very sad and hard time for them.

Here is a news story for more info:

Girl Dies After Being Hit by Dump Truck in Little Canada | KSTP TV - Minneapolis and St. Paul

Centennial High students remember gymnast killed while training | kare11.com

so incredibly sad. I just cannot imagine what her family & friends are going through. Sure puts all the 'worry' about levels & when our litttle Suzies will 'kip' semm petty & insignifigant.

I will certainly be keeping her loved ones in my prayers.
thanks Mdgymmom for posting. sometimeswe all need to have things put into perspective.

Her poor poor parents. How terrible to have a beautiful life snuffed out so early. My thoughts are with all who are hurting from this senseless loss.

Tragedies like these are reasons why I always hug my children extra hard whenever possible. The debate over young/old, talented/or not as hard working, whatever seems senseless after a story like this doesn't it? In an instant all of our lives can be changed.
My heart goes out to this angel and her loved ones. The world has a new and beautiful angel! Thanks MDGYMMOM1 for putting it all into perspective.:(

"No citations issues against the driver." How can this be?
I was so touched by how much her community loved her. This is such a terribly sad story. My heart goes out to her poor family.

Oh my gosh, how horrible :-( My small town has just lost two high school students from traffic accidents in the last few months and it's horrible. I'll definitely pray for her and her family and friends.

What a horrific thing. I shed a tear and send warm thoughts to all those suffering with this. I gave my kids extra big hugs before bed tonight. Every moment we have with them is so precious.

My daughter saw this story on Gymnastike the other day and it's just so sad. Gina is from our region and in my dd's age group. I was sincerely touched by the news story I saw with her coach. Just very tragic all the way around. This hits so close to home. My thoughts are with all involved. A horrible, horrible tragedy.

ya i read that story on gymnasticscoaching.com a couple days ago. it is just horrible. her family will definetly be in my prayers. made me cry she was so beautiful and happy ;( just horrible

Such a heartbreaking tragedy. I cannot even begin to imagine what her family, friends, teammates & coaches are going through! RIP Gina! Mdgymmom, Thank you for sharing this info with CB. Lets all hug our kids a little tighter today!

The MN gym community has embraced this family and gym by supporting them with notes and love.

To address the charges being filled against truck drive.....they are looking into the cause of the crash and try and determine who is at fault the dump truck driver may not be at fault. it is a terrible tradgedy!! I am sure the dump truck driver is realling also....I cant imagine hitting someone and them dying!

Hugs and prayers go out to the family and teammates who were invovled. Hug your kids and love them!

I am was one of her teammates- i was there when she was hit by that dump truck. It was the scariest thing in my life. I miss her so much. It was my second day of trainig level 7 too!

RIP beano! i love you!

ps we called her beano or beans

That is just so sad! She had her whole life ahead of her...one of my not-so-close friends from school died recently in a moped accident, and I just can't wrap my brain around the fact that I'll never see her again. My thoughts go out to Ms. Morri's friends and family.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back