Regarding the future of the "Question & Answer" forum

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

i dont think you should get rid of the Q & A forum completly. you could possibly go through the forum and pick out all the threads and move them to the appropriate forums if they belong somewhere else. as Cher said i normally go to the CB or Q&A forums if i have a question that i want several opinions from. i see the CB forum as more as a chit chat forum. As others have said you could move the Q&A farther down on the forums page, and have the title saying "Got gym questions that doesnt fir appropriatly in another forum post here".

I will admit that if i am in a hurry that i dont get a chance to look through all the forums i will post it in the CB or Q&A even if it does fit in another forum. i view the CB by the what's new button, because sometimes there are great posts/threads in the wrong forum that i would not see if i just looked in certain forums. I think there should be some moderators to mod the Q&A forum just to help and fit threads into correct forums to keep it more organized.

Summary:I think you should keep the Q&A forum just moving exsisting threads to other forums where they belong,get mods to keep it organized and move new threads to other forums,and move the Q&A forum down on the forum page.

One pet peeve i have is when parents(no offensense to any parents on here) posts stuff like my DD needs good luck,or meet results, and other specific chit chat threads just in the parents forum, when other gymnasts or coaches could participate.(not saying that they cant have threads locked down to just them) many gymnasts may want to give that poster's DD good luck, or say congrats through that thread when they are not able to because it is in the parents forum.

Just had to add thanks to you JBS for keeping this site organized,speedy and a friendly enviroment. you work is much appriciateted.

Also, about having two What's New buttons, I am not in favor of this change. I personally love to read topics by the parents, coaches, or adult gymnasts, even if I can't post. .

It is your site so honestly you are going to do whatever you are going to do. Input... Don't change it. Who gives a dip if the other forums are not being used as much? Most people come here with questions and want answers. Myself included most people leave the answering open to "anyone" as I don't really care if you are a coach or judge or parent or Tom nobody as long as your have insightful useful information. People who want only a parents perspective will still use the parents only forum.

Maybe a FAQ if anything explaining what to use each forum for. I think something like "How the ease my child's fear over vault" might apply to everyone and be right for the Q&A forum where as "What grip brand is the best" might be better suited to the gymnasts only forum. But honestly they are both questions so in reality does it matter? I would hate to be locked down to trying to find a forum that might get more than one or 2 responses rather than being able to ask anyone who might know in the Q&A. And when I have asked questions in specific forums I often find I only get 1 or 2 answers and since duplicating is not allowed it kind of stinks.

Hello again everyone...I just got back from Lake Owen. I had a great time and really got to relax.

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone for there continued input and dedication to the site. Bog, GT, and I will talk about this and come to a decision.

Please remember that "The Chalk Bucket" is you guys...it is not me. Yes, I created the "bucket" and did some marketing to get people to join way back in the day...but you guys filled the "bucket" with chalk. Without all of you the site would just be an empty forum framework...an empty "bucket". With all of you it has become what it is today...a full "bucket"...THE CHALK BUCKET!

Once again thank you to everyone for being a part of this great place. Thanks to the mods for keeping this place going. A special thanks to Bog and GT for...well...everything...you guys are awesome.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back