WAG Region 8 New Compulsory Schedule

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

twin2gymmie

Proud Parent
I'm just curious, with the change in Compulsory season, how will Level 4 and 5 compete after States in December? Do you continue to compete the same level after competing at States? Or do you just end meet season?

I'm just curious, with the change in Compulsory season, how will Level 4 and 5 compete after States in December? Do you continue to compete the same level after competing at States? Or do you just end meet season?

Usually depends on the gym. In region 1 some gyms move their kids up for spring season, some kids compete the level they did at states during spring season, and many gyms opt to not compete spring season at all.

Reactions: sce
What change? Compulsories are still in Fall, as far as I can tell, and Spring meets have always been primarily optionals, with a few girls the compulsory levels if they're competing in Spring.

If you're just referring to compulsories in fall and optionals in spring, then yeah, that's always been the case and is done differently by different gyms.

At our gym, the year girls compete 5 is a crazy year; a whole season of 7 immediately follows 5. I can hardly believe we lived to tell about it. My bank account is still recovering. :p

Other gyms around here go to 6 instead since that's so much like 5.

Most gyms do compete something in the spring though so they don't have a whole year and a half between competition seasons.

SC will compete compulsory in the Fall and optionals in the winter/spring. Compulsory state meet in early Dec and optionals same as usual.

From what I heard this past season, TN had only one compulsory state meet (spring instead of fall). I know their fall state meet attendance had been shrinking over the last few years since they started offering the spring state meet.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back