MAG Regional Future Stars

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

jenjean70

Proud Parent
Has anyone competed Future Stars? My son and 12 of his team mates just competed at Future Stars in hopes of qualifying for nationals. My son's coach thought he had a good chance of making nationals as a 12 year old...I was surprised because a 78 is a hard score to get. Well....he didn't get it. Actually he was 5 points away. Yikes! We only had one boy on the team make it- a ten year old who has impeccable form and beautiful lines. As for my guy- The coaches said they were proud of how hard he worked and that he did well in the competition. He had a few bobbles and messed up on tramp but he is just not "perfect" like the boys who made it. He wasn't upset- actually I think he was a little relieved. Now he gets to focus on his level 8 routines. At least he has gotten to compete tech sequences at least once before the season begin .We are giving him the night off tonight because he's had A LOT of practice and he has the Muscle Man competition on Sunday.

I just looked up my region's results. A 78 was enough for a 12yo to qualify here, and we are in what is considered a tough region. Sounds like there is a lot of up and coming talent in your region. I have heard that training Future Stars is very beneficial for boys, their results overall though are not as important in the long run. Putting in the work and learning the skills and form will have a positive impact on his future gymnastics.

78 is the cut off score for 12 yos. HEre they are:

10-year-old division: 74.00 AA
11-year-old division: 76.00 AA
12-year-old division: 78.00 AA
13-year-old division: 79.00 AA

Our region is this weekend at our gym. D is working it. Should be fun!

Reactions: sce
I couldn't agree more profmom! That is the key! My ds never even competed it after age 9, but they did he routines. It was soooo good for him. And now he is in a workout group with some FS kiddos, and has been doing the routines again. It has been great for him!

I just looked up my region's results. A 78 was enough for a 12yo to qualify here, and we are in what is considered a tough region. Sounds like there is a lot of up and coming talent in your region. I have heard that training Future Stars is very beneficial for boys, their results overall though are not as important in the long run. Putting in the work and learning the skills and form will have a positive impact on his future gymnastics.
Yes. He had to get a 78 to qualify and his coach thought he would get a 78. I hadn't watched him practice but seeing the other boys at regional camp and knowing my son's lack of attention to details- I thought 78 was a high score for him to be able to get and I was right. My son only scored a 73 so he was 5 points off (which is a lot)....But in the end he was happy with how he performed and so were the coaches so it was a win for him.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back