regulations for hair in competition?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymgal

Gold Membership
Proud Parent
Are bangs allowed when competing? I just read that hair needs to be puuled away from the face but it didn't mention bangs. I'm assuming that long hair can't be flowing but do they ban bangs as well?

Our coach tells us short bangs above the eyebrows are okay to leave down. My oldest dd has long hair that I put in a ponytail, but has little baby hairs that I have to put in hairbows. Youngest dd has a really short bob that we will put in hairbows on the sides.

I think bangs are ok - but I am not sure. I think it is a safety issue if the hair can cover the eyes at any point in a routine.

Bangs should be just fine as long as they don't cover her eyes, bother her, or look messy. If they were the longer side swept bangs that are popular with older girls, I think they'd need to be clipped back, if only for the comfort of the gymnast. Most things aren't really "banned" so much as there is an expectation you will conform to standards of decency and good taste (I'm pretty sure that's about the exact way they word it).

My DD always had bangs but they were above her eyes, no problem. I think the long bangs (past the eyes) should be pinned back.

I think bangs above the eyebrows are OK. Anything that is longer, probably needs to be pinned up.

When my dd was a level 4 she had bangs - but again they didn't cover her eyes. We have seen quite a few girls at meets with bangs - just not long cousin it ones.

When my dd was a level 4 she had bangs - but again they didn't cover her eyes. We have seen quite a few girls at meets with bangs - just not long cousin it ones.

It's funny you say that 'cause DD is trying to grow hers out and I keep telling her how much she looks like Cousin It. She even saw the M & M's Dark Chocolate commercial that has all the Addams family as M & Ms and at the end they showed Cousin It. She says "Look! There's me!"

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News