MAG Reichelsport grips- impossible to get?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

Madden3

Proud Parent
My son is needing HB grips soon and really wants Reichelsport. Have looked for months and they never seem to be in stock at gymsupply, I do not see another retailer in US and am concerned about buying them from overseas and then running into an emergency if they take forever. Son wants to buy a different brand for now and order these but I am pretty sure my husband will not go for that. Boys have never had backup grips and it has never been a problem. Anyway, any experience with buying Reichelsport grips? Thanks.

So my ds loves them but the last pairs took over 6 months to get in. To get them, you just have to order and then wait. He is slowly switching but is not happy. He does have back ups so I order these and wait while he uses the others

DS has a pair that was just slightly too big last fall. I held on to them hoping he'll be able to use them this season, knowing it would be hard to get them later!

Wow, 6 months. That is what my son said and I thought he was exaggerating. Yeah he is going to need new ones before that.
Did yours take that long samsmama?

Also, where have you ordered them?

Reactions: sce
gymsupply is the only US distributor. I tried to use European distributors but was not successful.

D's coach says that they are hand stitched by 2 guys in Germany. lol..I guess it coul dbe true.

D's coach says that they are hand stitched by 2 guys in Germany. lol..I guess it coul dbe true.
Sounds like something out of a fairy tale. Clearly they need to hire some elves!

I wonder if we could order them, get other grips for now, and then if he is happy with the ones we get, just cancel the order.

Sounds like something out of a fairy tale. Clearly they need to hire some elves!

I wonder if we could order them, get other grips for now, and then if he is happy with the ones we get, just cancel the order.

I think you can. They have been great to work with.

Wow, 6 months. That is what my son said and I thought he was exaggerating. Yeah he is going to need new ones before that.
Did yours take that long samsmama?

Also, where have you ordered them?

Somehow I lucked out and the size he needed was in stock, so they came right away. FWIW, I actually really like the Reisport and so does DS, which is what he has had for both HB and Rings for the past two years, but his coach wanted buckles, and the Reisport buckles didn't come in the smaller size. But since the Reichelsports were just a bit too big, he's still stuck with velcro.

Ds likes the buckle/velcro combo, since he does not like buckles really at all...

My DS is Velcro all the way. Yes I just looked and it seems all sizes of reichelsport are out of stock now, at least for the Velcro. I am pretty sure Reisport is what he has now so they would be ok. He tried Turn for his latest ring grips and really likes them, but has "heard" that the Turn HB grips are "slippery." I think I will have him look more into that though. Then work on husband to convince him we should order both.

Since DS has a week off gym, I took everything out of his bag and washed what I could and hung the grips up to air out a little. That bag smells so bad! Anyway, while I was sorting through all his gym stuff tonight, I've been admiring the pristine white Reichelsports. They're so pretty! (Which is an odd thing to say about grips!)

Madden, I recommend ordering the Reichelsports if he neeeeeeeeds them, but get him a nice set of Reisport (my guy likes the Hyper Protec line) so that he has a set of grips to use while he is waiting for the calves to be raised that will eventually provide the leather for his magic German grips. I haven't heard of a single guy in our gym who was unhappy with the Reisports.

My son also really likes his Turn ring grips. We'd bought the Turn HB as well, but he prefers his other brand better (don't know what they are- coach provided & no info on them).

My son also really likes his Turn ring grips. We'd bought the Turn HB as well, but he prefers his other brand better (don't know what they are- coach provided & no info on them).

Does your son have Velcro or buckle for HB? I would be interested in hearing what exactly he is not liking as much with the Turn.

I think my son is going to get Turn for HB after all. His friend who said they were slippery reports that went away as they broke in. My son had Reisport before and does not want them again, although they served him well. Just ready to try something new I guess. Plus I think they see it as a MAG power statement to buy Turn. Still talking about it though.

Are the RS Hambuchens the ones that everyone is preferring?

My perhaps faulty understanding is that the Hambuchens are the only grips that are simultaneously both Velcro and buckle- one strap of each..so provides the best of both worlds (or the worst of both?)

My older son (the one wanting Reichelsports who is settling for Turn) is Velcro all the way, so he has no interest in Hambuchens. I think he just heard Reichelsports are "the best."

But now just to throw in a wrinkle, my younger son who needs both event grips soon is asking for buckles...I think just because he heard from someone they were better. He never expressed a problem with Velcro before so I am not sure what to think. I do not know how easy these things are to return if he ends up hating buckles and as I suspected dh said no way to the idea of backups. This son in particular is "funny" about how things feel, so I hate to play around with it.

Yes. Hambuchens have the velcro and double buckle. As stated before, my ds hates double buckle, so he has to have velcro. Baille (I think) also makes a combo but D did not like the look of them. He said they seemed bulky. So he has gone back to Reisport Hyper for his grips. I will probably get on the list for the Hambuchens again soon...

Does your son have Velcro or buckle for HB? I would be interested in hearing what exactly he is not liking as much with the Turn.

I think my son is going to get Turn for HB after all. His friend who said they were slippery reports that went away as they broke in. My son had Reisport before and does not want them again, although they served him well. Just ready to try something new I guess. Plus I think they see it as a MAG power statement to buy Turn. Still talking about it though.

I bought Turn Velcro for both HB & Rings. My son was 7/8, barely 45 lbs, when purchased, so the Velcro size #1 was our only option (buckles started in larger sizes). Turn had a sale/promotion late November on merchandise, so I bough these as back-up grips. My son has repeatedly misplaced his grips & grip bags, so it was a necessary purchase. I really like the leather on the grips- it is really soft/supple/pliable, vs our previous pairs that required a huge amount of rolling/bending to make them useable. The wristbands are also partially lined in a smooth dark leather and seem pretty comfortable. My son said that he doesn't like the Turn HB's because the leather is too smooth and he peels off the bar. He insists that he did use them enough to break them in, but I'm looking at them now and there is very little chalk on them and they look quite new, so I'm not convinced he's given them a good shot.

(trying again... don't know why everything got quoted)

I bought Turn Velcro for both HB & Rings. My son was 7/8, barely 45 lbs, when purchased, so the Velcro size #1 was our only option (buckles started in larger sizes). Turn had a sale/promotion late November on merchandise, so I bough these as back-up grips. My son has repeatedly misplaced his grips & grip bags, so it was a necessary purchase. I really like the leather on the grips- it is really soft/supple/pliable, vs our previous pairs that required a huge amount of rolling/bending to make them useable. The wristbands are also partially lined in a smooth dark leather and seem pretty comfortable. My son said that he doesn't like the Turn HB's because the leather is too smooth and he peels off the bar. He insists that he did use them enough to break them in, but I'm looking at them now and there is very little chalk on them and they look quite new, so I'm not convinced he's given them a good shot.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back