WAG Reisport grips sizing

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Cupcakes222

Coach
Gymnast
Hi every one this is my first post, I hope I've put this in the right place.
I need to order new grips, my coach recommended reisport double buckle grips. I have measured my hand to be 7.5" but i dont know what size to get as the ladies 2 is for 6.5-7.5 and the 3 is for 7.5 -8. I have read that your supposed to buy the size smaller but im afraid that the 2 will be too small.
I would greatly appreciate any advice.

My dd is on the border of 0 and 1 - for a couple years she went up to a 1 because they broke in faster but had problems because they stretched and felt too big pretty quickly. She now uses 0 and they take just a bit of effort to break in but she loves them after that and they don’t feel too big.

My DD just went through this. She was on the border just like you and went with the larger size. Well, her coach made her return them and get the smaller ones because of the stretch factor. I would say get the smaller size. They will stretch.

I'd think about your height/weight/age too. If you are small/light overall, you may not get much stretch. If you are older/taller/heavier - the will certainly stretch. As an adult gymnast, I'm on the border between sizes and always size down, and find that even so they stretch out too quickly.

Get the lower size and make sure your coach sees them on before you begin to use them. You will be able to return them as long as they are not used. I buy my dd's from amazon. Easy return as long as they have not been used/stretched around the finger holes. You could also ask other gymnasts to check size if they have these.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back