WAG Reisport Grips

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnast989

Gymnast
I haven't had a new pair of grips in an extremely long time because I hate having to break new ones in, but recently I was finally forced to part with my old pair when they ripped. The new ones I got (Reisport) are very soft and flimsy. Maybe it is because it has been such a long time, but I seem to remember them being very thick and stiff when they are new. It has been hard for me to adapt because I am so used to my super stiff grips. The material feels completely different to me. So, I guess my question is, is this normal? Is this just how they are made now? Will they get stiffer over time? Most of my teammates use a different brand and haven't experienced this issue, so is it just Reisport?

I just got new grips for my 3 kids. I got both girls English Bulldog because that is what they had before. I got DS reisport because his coach said to. The reisport are definitely softer and more bendable than the English Bulldogs when brand new. Though the broken in EBs are even more stiff than the new ones. Older DD asked for reisport for her next grips. She says that being soft they will be easier to break in. DS has only been breaking them in for a couple of practices and they are getting more stiff than when brand new.

I just got new reisport grips. I did notice they were very soft at first but after a little while they do get stiffer. I remember there older ones being stiffer at first as well.

Reisport makes a few different types of grips and the materials are different. It's hard to say though without knowing what you wore before if the material is different from those. Any reason you didn't buy the same brand you were used to?

My dd uses Reisport and I haven't found them to be soft and flimsy. I actually thought they were pretty stiff. I spend a few hours while watching TV breaking them in for her. My fingers were raw but she thought they were perfect.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back