Reisport "Protec" vs. Reisport traditional leather grips

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymjourneymom

Proud Parent
DD wants to try Reisport grips, so I went looking on-line. Looks like Reisport has 2 types available; "Protec" or traditional leather. The Reisport "Protec" cost a bit more then traditional leather, but is suppose to "stretch less" & "be more reliable". Anyone here have experience with Reisport "Protec" grips? Do you like them? Are they more difficult to break in then traditional leather grips:confused:.

Last edited by a moderator:
My daughter has always been a Reisport user. We decided to try the Protec grips at one point. However, she was never able to get used to them. They are thicker (and most probably sturdier) than the "regular" ones. They are probably designed for elite level gymnasts who go through grips pretty quickly.

The Protec grips are sitting in the drawer as I can't stand the thought of throwing them away and wasting so much money!

Good luck with your decision!

Thank you so much for your reply! I was thinking they were probably thinker & possibly harder to break in & get used too. Sounds like that is what your DD experienced:(. Thanks for saving me some bucks & all the hassle!! I go with the traditional type:D.

Thanks Bog! DD has been using "Just Right" grips by Gibson up until now. But she's grown a little & wants wider grips for her next pair. Her "Just Right"' grips are soft leather and she likes that. Sounds like the Protec might be difficult for her to adjust too. Since she's already having some fear issues with bars, the last thing she needs is uncomfortable grips to deal with. Good to know that your DD & her teammates are all happy with their traditional Reisports. Makes me feel even more confident that the traditional ones will be an easier transition for DD:).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back