WAG Reisport vs. US glove grips

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

flips123

Gymnast
It's that time again...new grip time!I've had velcro 10.0 DGS blues forever. My current ones are insanely stretched out so i need a new pair and my coach thinks buckles are best. I'm debating between the reisport double buckle and the US glove RKO buckle. The reisports are around $10 more but that doesn't always mean they are better quality...Opinions?Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no experience with the US Glove, but DD's gym asks that all the girls get Reisport double buckle, so they must be pretty ok :)

Same question I asked a couple months ago..I got multiple different replies so I went and looked online. I found a brand called "ginnasta" grips and after reading the comments I decided to order some for myself. They are by far the best grips I've ever used!! No break in time, no stretching out with using water and no thinning out after using a brush on it. I was really scared to order them since they weren't the brand name and I had never heard of them but after using them for months I would recommend them to anyone! I don't know why they're so much better and why people don't know about them but that's definitely my vote!
I got double bucks ones but that was just personal preference.

US Glove...RKO double buckle.

I always used Reisports and love them, typically what I'll recommend to my gymnasts. But one of my girls came in with a pair of US Glove grips this season and they are very high quality and a great price- good quality leather, solid construction, everything you want in a grip. So I would say either one would be a good choice.

I don't know much if anything about grips but everyone in my gym uses reisport be it velcro or buckle. That could be because we don't have a lot of choice here

My DD has been having some issues with the Reisports that her team orders. I'm not positive what it is. It is something about the finger holes. One of her coaches recommended trying the US Glove HotShots. I was looking at them online and I had a question. What is the rubber band like thing near the dowel and is that what they consider their finger locking system? Anyone have any experience?

most of the kids get rid of the rubber band. but you put it on in such a way that it holds the end of the grip down to the fingers so that the grip won't "pop" off.

My DD has been using the Ginnasta grips as well and she has really liked them. She had barely any break in time and they are holding up extremely well.

My daughter has always used a US Glove Hotshot grip...the Hotshots have a thinner palm area so she can "feel" the bar around it and that's what she likes...and double buckle

My daughters (2) have used both. We started with the Reisport grips (velcro), moved to Reisport buckle, then when a new coach came to the gym we migrated to U.S. Glove (RKO buckle in this case). I've heard no complaints, although my oldest daughter was not a fan of velcro.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back