relocating?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Yes, I searched and found the website for the school too. I plan to contact them to see what we can work out. Thanks again for your help!

"The Cougar Firecrackers will compete in all four events: floor, beam , parallel bars and vault. "

do girls compete on parallel bars in different programs? Or did they mean to say uneven bars?

I'm sure this was a mistake. I hope to talk to the coach today. Hopefully I'll find out something soon. While it's still not as close to home as I'd like it to be, it is closer than the other options. This may be something that can work for us. I'll keep you all posted, and I really am so glad I found this forum!

lagymmom

lagymmom - do you know what skills your dd's current gym is teaching in their prep-op level? Does your gym still compete at this level?

At this point your dd's gymnastics needs to focus on the basics, and if she can still learn her skills while working on form perhaps this can still be an option until she is a little older. I guess my point is that the Levels in the USAG JO program are really only guidelines, using the actual program is not really necessary to foster your dd's gymnastics - does that make sense? Can you give an example of your gyms prep-op L3 (or higher)

hi
I think that Prep Op 3 is about equal to a level 6/7 and prep op 4 would be equal to level 8 and up

I really don't know how to describe what they do in the prep op. I know that there is one girl whose grandmother told me she is prep-op level 1 and she was a L2 last year. Not really sure what it would be comparable to in the JO levels.

I still am not sure about what we might do. I'm just going to explore all the options and try to make the best decision for our family.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back