WAG Removed the "dick" thread

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Can you do a find/replace the name and keep the thread? This mount existed before Marisa Dick made it famous (at least on CB). (Unfortunately I can't find the name of the woman that did it before her since the thread has been deleted ;)).

If you replace the name and we'll all get the jokes but someone who doesn't know will just be confused. (I'm confused when I read a lot of threads on CB anyway).

Just an idea.

I was on a parenting forum where if you were reading a thread but weren't logged in, it changed any expalitive to "smurf" it was kind of funny. You could do something like that maybe? (For dick related posts even if you are logged in)

I'm sure 14 yr olds would have no problem keeping dealing. I'm sure they have heard worse. But it went beyond one liners. So perhaps you could take it back a few pages?

My 11 yr old was keeping up just fine but the the last few, no not for her, as per me her mom.

I am sure many 14 year olds have read worse. But we do know that we have many much younger readers, and in the end we are a site for 14+ and need to be mindful of that.

The thread is in admin discussion for now.

Before I posted anything I read the entire thread (within the last 2 weeks).

While I don't have a problem with the admins taking it down, I don't think anything that was posted since the anniversary was any worse that what had been previously posted.

But it went beyond one liners. So perhaps you could take it back a few pages?
Does that make it less appropriate for a 14 year old?

Before I posted anything I read the entire thread (within the last 2 weeks).

While I don't have a problem with the admins taking it down, I don't think anything that was posted since the anniversary was any worse that what had been previously posted.

Does that make it less appropriate for a 14 year old?
Its a fine line and yes, there are degrees of appropriate. Think PG vs PG 13, vs R.
We are pretty open (husband and I). Heck when folks drop a curse around the child and offer an apology, she goes that's OK I'm used to it, we watch football on Sunday. And I let her watch more mature subject matter with us (so we can chat).

And the thread went from quick on liners to beyond. Didn't report it or complain, just stopped reading. To each their own. There was a point the thread "jumped the shark".

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back