WAG Replacement rubber bands for grips??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ali'sMom

Proud Parent
DD has US Glove Hot Shot grips.
She broke one of the rubber bands yesterday. At the gym they put a new rubber band, but definitely not as strong as the original one, and told me she needs new rubber bands.

I am going to sound TOTALLY stupid, but is there any reason why I can't just go to an office supply store and buy new ones? I don't have to try and get them from the gym supply folks, do I?

What are the bands for? Do all grips have them b/c I don't think dd uses them. I could be wrong because I never see her up close with them on but I don't remember seeing them when they have arrived in the mail.

I'm not entirely sure. They are attached to the dowel. Then after the fingers go through, the rubber band goes over the ends of the fingers, and around.
Might be a "beginner" type of thing.

They aren't on all types pf grips - I'm pretty sure they are there to ensure the fingers holes stay in place and the grips don't come off during a routine. We used to have a couple of gymnasts use normal rubber bands for this reason!

yes, rubber bands can be used on all styles of grips. and as Marie83 noted, it keeps the grip on the fingers so it doesn't 'pop' off.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back