Parents Results from L4 states (shameless brag)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Well, we didn't find any takers on those three empty seats on the plane, LOL (we had a lot of turbulence on the way home, so it might not have been good to have extra passengers anyway...don't know that they would have flown with us after that :eek:)

First event was vault...9.375 (it was really pretty, IMHO) no medal :(
Second event, bars (usually her best event) 9.025 :confused: and that was with a stuck landing. No medal

third event-Beam very nice routine. 9.2 she got a 6th:)

Last event, floor (not usually her best event) 9.35, three way tie for the gold, but DD had the highest AA of the three, so she got the gold :D:floor::applause::thumbsup:

Her AA was 36.95. They only went out 5 places...one or two more and she would have been right in there, I think. There were 20 girls in her age group.

All in all, she was pretty happy, but I know she's frustrated that she didn't do better on bars and beam. she missed AA by .6. We weren't disappointed in her though. She still gets to put her name on the banner in the gym with the state champions, and in two weeks she finally gets to compete level 5, which has been her focus of most of this year.

We called grandma on the way home...she was ecstatic:D

thanks for letting me gush!:eek:

Snowbound

Turbulance, eek!

Those were some lovely scores. States floor champ, way to end the season and end being a level 4. On to to Level 5. Great job.

Congratulations!:D State champion of floor - what a great accomplishment!! Those are some terrific scores and placings. I hope she takes time to enjoy her accomplishments before jumping into Level 5!:)

What a meet! Congrats to your little state floor champ! Now she is off to level 5! What a nice way to finish her L4 season off. :) I will skip the turbulence though, I hate flying.

Wow... In the "9's club" and still frustrated?? What a great meet! Very gloat-worthy!
Congrats and a big high-five to your DD.

All in all, she was pretty happy, but I know she's frustrated that she didn't do better on bars and beam. she missed AA by .6. We weren't disappointed in her though. She still gets to put her name on the banner in the gym with the state champions, and in two weeks she finally gets to compete level 5, which has been her focus of most of this year.
Snowbound

First of all, CONGRATS on a GREAT State meet! Wow--State Floor champ--way to go!! And scoring all 4 events in the 9's---totally AWESOME! She should be very proud of herself! Remember to always appreciate the here and now and EVERY accomplishment along the way--they are ALL important! It is always exciting to think ahead to the next level, but being able to appreciate the here and now is a lifelong lesson that is truely valuable.

Great job to your little gymmie!!!!

Great job! :applause: It's hard to imagine getting a 9.375 on something and not getting a medal. Our L4 state meet is this weekend.

WOW Congradulation!! Thoses are some awesome scores!! It must of been a very tough competition because it is hard to believe she didn't place better with thoses scores! State Champion on floor is a big accomplishment!! Now onto level 5! Good luck!

Wow! A gold on the event that isn't usually her strongest. That's fantastic. Great job and congrats on being Floor Champion!

Congradulations she had a great scores, I am surprised she did not place in the all around! My daughter also competed but she did not do as well she got a 34.8 AA so I did not expect her to get any medals (this is the first meet since her very first meet of the season where she did not get anything, it was nice that they recognized all the teams and gave out partcipation trophies). The meet was tough and my daughter has been sick the past 2 meets so she has not been doing as well,I had to take her back to the doctor today. The really nice thing about the meet was 2 of her level 5 team mates came along to cheer them on these girls were with them as level 4 and moved up to 5 this year,it is great that they are so supportive of each other. Good luck to your daughter in level 5, my daughter has 1 more meet and then next year she will compete in 5.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back