Parents Rewards

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Do you give your gymnast(s) rewards for achieving skills or scores?

• Yes

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
Do you give special gifts or give your gymnasts rewards for getting a new skill, a new level or to motivate when they're struggling with a skill? Or if you're a gymnast do you get things from your parents?

my parents used to "bribe" my sister for certain skills, but my dad and I make it a competition. I made a bet with him that I would qualify for nationals. If I didn't, I would buy him whatever he wanted from the culbhouse store. If I did, I got to pick out any piece of gymnastics clothing I wanted. ( btw I no whave a very niece appalechian fleece gymnastics sweater!)

Gracefulone, thats funny. I brought it up because my husband told my dd that if she did her backhandspring consistantly for at least 2 wks with no spot on the floor he would by her a new outfit . For the last yr she could only do one with the coach standing 3ft away! Shes been doing 20 every practice since he told her that,without the coach standing on the floor at all. Her coach about died laughing after she promply went out and threw 1 .She turned around and made the sound of a cash register ringing.Everybody knew she could do it alone now she does too!

The bh thing was was what my sister did it for. Except it was for a build a bear....lol

I haven't actually given her anything yet, but I did promise my dd a leotard when she makes her front hip circle. I figure I've got some time before I have to buy it!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back