WAG Rhonda Faehn leaving Florida for USAG

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So... Is she the next Martha? I can't imagine leaving the program she has created at Florida for anything less than the possibility of leading the National Team in the future.

So... Is she the next Martha? I can't imagine leaving the program she has created at Florida for anything less than the possibility of leading the National Team in the future.

No, seems more likely she'd be the next Steve Penny with the title the article mentioned, although that title could be wrong. Right now, there is no senior Vice President. So she's not really replacing anyone. There are some Vice Presidents of different divisions (I.e. Women's program), but no "senior Vice President" which I can only assume is directly under Steve. Kind of surprises me but then again, maybe no one internally wanted to move to this position.

it's a newly made position. you are going to hear several rumors. please disregard ALL of them. i wish i could put the horse in front of the cart on this but i'm not at liberty to disclose. so please, disregard anything you might hear in the interim. Dunno :)

p.s. Steve is not going anywhere...

Thanks Dunno. It's a great catch for USAGym and huge loss for Florida. Those in the know certainly kept secrets ahead of time.

many of us will be anxious to see who takes the job at Florida...:)

maybe Greg will want to get some sun and some fishing in instead of looking at mountains and snow caps all the time. lol

it's a newly made position. you are going to hear several rumors. please disregard ALL of them. i wish i could put the horse in front of the cart on this but i'm not at liberty to disclose. so please, disregard anything you might hear in the interim. Dunno :)

p.s. Steve is not going anywhere...

Well...that's no fun Dunno! The description of her new position "overall leadership to the women's program, including supervision of the national team program alongside National Team Coordinator Martha Karoyli" makes it sound like they wanted to created a "bridge" position to coordinate between Indy and the Ranch. Sounds like a good idea.

I know your kidding. With his wife still coaching the team, I imagine the Florida job will be off limits. There will be lots of speculation and pressure about and at Florida.

Thanks for the info. Can you tell us any more about goals for the position?

I'm guessing other coaches are going to reconnect with some of the verbal recruits. Especially if the athlete was considering another school before committing to Florida.

many of us will be anxious to see who takes the job at Florida...:)

maybe Greg will want to get some sun and some fishing in instead of looking at mountains and snow caps all the time. lol
Greg retired (assuming you are talking about Greg Mardsen) from Utah Tuesday! His wife and long time assistant coach just took the head coaching job no I am thinking so sunshine for him :)

Unless I misunderstood, Kim Riley did say that 2016 Olympics would be Martha's last stop, and that Valeri was preparing to take over as National team coordinator. This was said at a parent meeting at TOPs national testing. Which would seem to be the way to go, since he is already leading the next group of developmental athletes. I guess a lot can change in a year or not change. Everyone knew it was coming, it will be interesting to see how it goes.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back