Parents Rhythmic leotards

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MILgymFAM

Proud Parent
Does anyone know a retailer that sells them in the US? Just found out today my DD has an exhibition in 2.5 weeks and she doesn't have a leotard. We do not have time to order from overseas or do a custom leo.. Barring being able to find one anywhere, I read somewhere that skating dresses are so similar as to be indistinguishable- does anyone know if that is true? Her coach told her she *could* wear an artistic leo, since this isn't a real competition, but she would like to wear something that would fit in. I appreciate any advice! Thanks.

There are a number of Facebook groups. Maybe put up a wanted to buy with your daughters measurements.

Have you tried Etsy? I remember seeing several options on there when DD was a bit younger and I'd been looking for fun artistic gym leos. I quick peeked just now: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Modlen and https://www.etsy.com/listing/272729012/rhythmic-gymnastics-leotard-butterfly?ref=related-2 and https://www.etsy.com/listing/448683790/rhythmic-gymnastic-leotard-figure?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=rhythmic leotard&ref=sr_gallery_13. They're not particularly cheap (IMO) and I'm unsure what ship times might look like, but I did see a couple with purple... :/

...and some are soooo pretty!

Good luck!

have you tried ringing local dance shops. They might just have some in stock.

Have you tried Etsy? I remember seeing several options on there when DD was a bit younger and I'd been looking for fun artistic gym leos. I quick peeked just now: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Modlen and https://www.etsy.com/listing/272729012/rhythmic-gymnastics-leotard-butterfly?ref=related-2 and https://www.etsy.com/listing/448683790/rhythmic-gymnastic-leotard-figure?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=rhythmic leotard&ref=sr_gallery_13. They're not particularly cheap (IMO) and I'm unsure what ship times might look like, but I did see a couple with purple... :/

...and some are soooo pretty!

Good luck!
The ones on etsy are customs generally, mostly from Europe and take a number of weeks to arrive.
There are some great sellers with good prices (lol for RG leotards) on there. (There is one US one that I've spoken to though)
eBay there are some 2nd hand or pre made items offered.
The Facebook groups are where you'll find the most 2nd hand or already made ones.

ShimmeringLeotards is the US one on Etsy.
I think the chances of finding something purple and gold (I'm assuming she just needs the one leo?) in her size ready made in the US is slim.
(Though well worth posting a want to buy on a few fb groups. )
But maybe you could contact a US maker for a very quick custom.
(Unlike wag leos they are mass produced or a lot premade).
Does your club do any hire/sell/swap days or does the coach know of anyone who might have something suitable they aren't using this year to hire or sell?
Or are there any Acro (as in sports acrobatics not tumbling) nearby that you could ask as well? (They have the same skirt regulations).

Or last idea? Does she have a wag Leo that fits the bill? You could get someone to add a skirt?
I know it's not quite the same style but would work.)

have you tried ringing local dance shops. They might just have some in stock.

We have two local dance shops and I've been through both inventories recently for ballet necessities and shoes, and they are very limited it what they sell outside of ballet attire or praise dance attire.

ShimmeringLeotards is the US one on Etsy.
I think the chances of finding something purple and gold (I'm assuming she just needs the one leo?) in her size ready made in the US is slim.
(Though well worth posting a want to buy on a few fb groups. )
But maybe you could contact a US maker for a very quick custom.
(Unlike wag leos they are mass produced or a lot premade).
Does your club do any hire/sell/swap days or does the coach know of anyone who might have something suitable they aren't using this year to hire or sell?
Or are there any Acro (as in sports acrobatics not tumbling) nearby that you could ask as well? (They have the same skirt regulations).

Or last idea? Does she have a wag Leo that fits the bill? You could get someone to add a skirt?
I know it's not quite the same style but would work.)

So, knowing how small my window is I pushed ahead and bought what I could find. There was absolutely nothing ready made in purple and gold. I didn't want to take the chance waiting for custom. The coach told me to make anything reasonable appear and we will worry about the season later- she won't compete until march.

Our gym doesn't have anyone close to my DDs height, so a swap would be out, and I get the impression they aren't responsible for sourcing anyone's leos. There is an acro gym close by, but they don't stock leos either. She's doesn't own a wag leo that would look like any of the rhythmic leos I've seen, even with a skirt.

I bought one used actual rhythmic leo on eBay for $40 in pure white, and one figure skating dress (with a short skirt) on light in the box for $65. That one is black with gold and silver sparkles.

Here's hoping one works! Both are returnae, so I'll send back the least successful. She will eventually need two proper leos.

The ones on etsy are customs generally, mostly from Europe and take a number of weeks to arrive.
There are some great sellers with good prices (lol for RG leotards) on there. (There is one US one that I've spoken to though)
eBay there are some 2nd hand or pre made items offered.
The Facebook groups are where you'll find the most 2nd hand or already made ones.

Yes, I know. But for sure two of the ones I posted could theoretically be received in 2-3 weeks, granted there's a disclaimer stating customers should verify. (States 1-3 weeks to make, 1-2 weeks to ship). Was just noting an option that hadn't yet been suggested.

Reactions: sce
Yes, I know. But for sure two of the ones I posted could theoretically be received in 2-3 weeks, granted there's a disclaimer stating customers should verify. (States 1-3 weeks to make, 1-2 weeks to ship). Was just noting an option that hadn't yet been suggested.

I'm sure a number could be made/shipped quickly, but with only 9 business days before she needs to wear it, it didn't seem prudent to gamble. Thanks for the links though! I'll need to buy two "real" ones in the next couple months, so I love all the options.

I'm sure a number could be made/shipped quickly, but with only 9 business days before she needs to wear it, it didn't seem prudent to gamble. Thanks for the links though! I'll need to buy two "real" ones in the next couple months, so I love all the options.

I totally get it. ;) I hope at least one of the ones you found work for her. :) I'm sort of jealous of the rhythmic leotards - so pretty! You'll need to post some pictures.

Well, all of this was wasted effort anyway. They backed out of the program the day after they told me to get something in a hurry. So, I'll have two lovely costumes for sale in a week or so. Such is my luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back