Rhythmic

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We have just switched from Artistic Gymnastics to Rhythmic...I am hoping there are more parents and rhythmic gymnasts out there! My daughter is 6 yrs old and competed Level 3 last year WAG and we have just moved to a Rhythmic Gymnastics program an she is loving it.

My younger daughter would LOVE to do rhythmic; but there are no gyms that offer it near us. :-(

She is in the elite training program at artistic so she is training 34 hours a week. She trains about 12 hours a week for rhythmic. She is home schooled. She definitely prefers artistic. She started rhythmic for flexibility and the first day of practice the coach wanted her to start team. She loves rhythmic but lives for artistic. She wants to continue to do both for as long as possible. One problem is both competition seasons are in the spring. She has had to a couple of times compete both on the same day at the same meet back to back.

Wow! I didn't know it was possible to do both!
I just posted that my 10 yr old daughter wants to quit artistic to start rhythmic after she has been through injury and fear issues and now wants to try something new.
Did she find she took to the apparatus easily? Because using balls and hoops is not something they are used to in artistic and i bet its alot harder than she thinks. Do you find the 2 disciplines compliment each other or not so much?

Itis definately difficult to learn the rope, ball, hoop and clubs because artistic does not help devlop hand eye coordination like other sports. On the up side she had no problems with the front walkover, back walkover and turns. Her execution scores are always high. On the downside they hold their hands in an entirely different way in artistic and the coach is constantly on her about it because it is a deduction everytime she does it. The flexability of rhythmic helps and hurts her in artistic mainly because her back is so flexible that she tends to arch and not stay hollow. However, she can do things on beam like a leg extension that makes the judges gasp when they see it

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back