MAG Ridiculous packing question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

acam1103

Proud Parent
When you have to fly to a meet do you put uniforms in luggage or carry on? I dread the thought of lugging them in carry ons (three uniforms plus one layover) but I'm afraid of lost luggage too. Gym mom problems :eek:

OK. Here is what we do in more detail now that I am on a computer :) I check a bag of our regular stuff. My ds carries on his uniform, grips, braces...basically anything that he cannot replace when we arrive at our destination. Typically he wears his warm ups on the plane. I do not carry his stuff, and never have :) It is all in his backpack!!

Yep. Put all his competition stuff in his gym bag or backpack and make him carry it. And ditto wearing the warm-ups(at least the jacket). That's part of the fun of travel meet anyways, showing off that team jacket! I would say general rule is never check anything that can't be replaced on a quick shopping stop at Target from the airport to the hotel.

Thanks everyone! My boys are used to carrying on a bag when we fly but it's usually just stuff that could be replaced if they lose track of it. They never have, but traveling with 4 young boys is unpredictable at best :). If I had one with a uniform it would be easier but three bags with uniforms plus a little brother is stressing me a bit! I'm sure we will be fine. Wearing their warm ups would be fun but we are heading straight from school to the airport so we will save that for next time! I'm just excited we are flying without a stroller or car seat for the first time ever!

Florida here we come...bring on the sunshine!

Never check anything you cannot afford to lose forever. Carry on anything you will need again and cannot be immediately replaced.

At this point I rarely check a bag, we did that even when travelling with small kids. A small backpack and rollaboard was easily managed by each kid.

I haven't had to fly yet, but given that I don't even trust the boy to keep the uniform safe in his room...yeah, it would be a carryon. ;)

Reactions: sce
So, one thing I do with D, is that his uniform goes in a gallon size ziploc baggie. They could at least wear their warm up jackets on the plane, to prevent the need to pack those. But that way you would have 3 baggies labeled. His grips go in another one, just to contain the chalk.

Good luck! It is stressful, but once you figure it out, they will be fine. Have fun, and try not to stress too much!

When you have to fly to a meet do you put uniforms in luggage or carry on? I dread the thought of lugging them in carry ons (three uniforms plus one layover) but I'm afraid of lost luggage too. Gym mom problems :eek:
I carry on the uniform and gym bag because I don't want them lost. :)

Reactions: sce
Not a ridiculous question especially based on all our answers. We too carry on the gym bag, grips and uniform.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back