Rio 2016

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

https://britishgymnewstics.com/2016/06/23/rio-olympic-team-a-non-speculative-post/

Read this earlier, thought it interesting.

Could Catherine Lyons and Kelly Simm still be in the mix? Seems risky considering they've not competed all year.

Catherine Lyons I think could cause a stir if she does go- there's the potential to really catch the public attention, almost Korbut style. I don't think she has any chance of a medal though, unless she's really upgraded.
Yes I agree on Catherine Lyons - at the British Juniors 2015, she was in a league of her own, did she take all the golds except a silver on bars? But it would seem a risk to through her into Rio for her first public comp in some time.
I still can't decide who Id prefer to see Gabby or Ruby, real shame they can't take 6.

Trying to read something into who is a Lilleshall at the moment - Ruby is, Louis and Max are.
The gymnasts know the team already, so would they make people train if they are not in?
Thought Louis might have blown his chance at the final trial, coming 5th on pommel, but he wouldn't be a reserve surely.
Probably reading way too much into it!

Yep! There is way more than just the team there- these are the ones I have seen: gabby, both downies, ruby, Tunney, pervis, Nile, Amy, Brinn, Kristian, Louis, Dom there may be more but that's the ones I've seen/remember. Also all the men are going to a camp away somewhere (can't remember where) but from there the team will fly to Rio and reserves and rest will fly home so I have been told

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back