Rips, as compared to life

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So, in a spur of creativity in relation to a friend of mine, I was inspired to write this. It has everything to do with gymnastics, but at the same time, nothing at all.

Here's my deep philosophical though of the year.

The hands of a gymnast can be compared to life.

They hit obstacles, get pounded onto the floor, and get rubbed the wrong way many times a day. All of this pushing and pulling will at first cause pain. Then eventually blood.

They are forced to build a callus, to protect them from the world. But this callus is only so protective, eventually the friction will win. The callus is torn away and leaves nothing but raw flesh, more pain, and potentially blood.

Our hands must be taken care of. The callus must be trimmed away, the burden placed on more than just the hands. If we don't take care of them, this process will happen more often and will be more painful.

In case you don't understand the metaphor, people shield themselves when they are hurt. After they are hurt too much and can't hide it any more the shield is broken. People need to be helped. Spread some love, help trim the callus.

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back