Rips from Grips

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gym monkeys mom

Proud Parent
DD is getting rips on her wrists from her buckle grips is this normal?? She does wear pretty thick wrist bands.

She has always worn buckle grips. The wrist rips started this summer when she got new grips but, also started working Level 8 skills???

We did measure when she got new grips and they are the same brand as last time.

Any help would be appreciated. Her wrists look terrible.

Has she washed or at least rinsed her wristbands lately? If that doesn't work, try taping balloons to her wrists before she puts on her wristbands.

My dd was getting rips and sores from her grips when she started training level 6. Her regular wristbands were slipping down while she was on the bar. Can't say why they started to do that, as the bands fit her nice and tight, but that's what was going on. I ended up switching her regular wristbands to "Rip Buster" wristbands and she hasn't had a problem since. They are a neoprene band (kinda like a beer cooley) and do not slip down at all. I purchased them at Ten-0, but I've seen them on other sites as well.

Hope that helps some, Good luck!

i always get rips on my wrists!!! when you get them i just put i piece of baloon on top and tap it.you could try puting on 2 pairs of wrist bands. i do that and it helps.i hope this helps!! :)

Cotton wristbands, like the Nike ones that many gymnasts use, are very slippery after they've been washed or are new. After they've gotten a bit sweaty they stick to the wrist but with my experiences, after too much sweat they start to give you blisters on the wrists.

I used to get these really bad, but then it stopped or at least got better. I'm not sure why because I didn't build calluses there or anything...I think I must have switched wristbands or something. If you don't have ballons you can also try plastic wrap (taped on). But anything taped on my wrists used to get all bunched up...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back