Rips

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Great question! Have you seen those balls at sports authority or other store that improve wrist, forearm and hand strength? They cost about 8 dollars or so and they work really well-twenty min. a day each hand.

When you get a calus you must shave the skin back down. Therefore you have less chance of ripping.

I also heard putting tea bags on your hand at night... i've never tried that one...but i heard it works

Tea bags work really well after you have a rip. We are always told to put a teabag on our hand and wrap it in gladwrap over night when we have rips. They heal really quickly!

As for making your hands less likely to rip... i guess the answer is lots of bars to toughen them up!! :)

Great question! Have you seen those balls at sports authority or other store that improve wrist, forearm and hand strength? They cost about 8 dollars or so and they work really well-twenty min. a day each hand.

do u know what exactly they are called? also do they have them at like fred myers or only sports stores?
thanks

My DD's don't wear grips, so they have to work hard not to get rips. In their bath they sand their hands with a pumice stone, not too much just a bit each bath. Then in bed they sleep with handybalm or bagbalm on their hands with socks over the top. Looks very cute!!! But, neither have had a rip since going back in September, the first month back in gym is very hard on their hands.

When 8 year old dd got her first rip she was so proud, I thought it was so funny. Only the first one was funny though, she doesn't want any more....:D

My DD's don't wear grips, so they have to work hard not to get rips. In their bath they sand their hands with a pumice stone, not too much just a bit each bath. Then in bed they sleep with handybalm or bagbalm on their hands with socks over the top. Looks very cute!!! But, neither have had a rip since going back in September, the first month back in gym is very hard on their hands.

When 8 year old dd got her first rip she was so proud, I thought it was so funny. Only the first one was funny though, she doesn't want any more....:D

This is an incredibly stupid question I know but it is fully driving me up the wall... what material do the socks have to be? Mines are cotton (I think) but they stick to the rip and peeling it off in the morning is incredibly painful and pointless as it rips off the skin that has grown back overnight :(.

I remember when I was little I thought as soon as you ripped you could start throwing giants and giengers and things....:p.

I shave off the callus thing too. A nail file works quite well. Takes forever though, I spent most of maths doing it the other day.

hi

What I do with my rips when I get rips I tape them. My friend puts wet towles on the rip. She says it reallys works.

MIne wear cotton socks, but the handybalm they put on is very thick and goopy (like medicated grease really), so it stays on the rip and the socks don't stick.

Try a pumice stone instead of a nail file, careful that you don't shave off too much though! Ouch!

This is an incredibly stupid question I know but it is fully driving me up the wall... what material do the socks have to be? Mines are cotton (I think) but they stick to the rip and peeling it off in the morning is incredibly painful and pointless as it rips off the skin that has grown back overnight :(.
I wrap my hand in gladwrap / clingwrap and that works really well. Keeps it nice and moist underneath!

Last edited:
I wrap my hand in gladwrap / clingwrap and that works really well. Keeps it nice and moist underneath!

thanks a lot!

rip repair

I believe all these are good ways to prevent rips. When you already have a rip New Skin really helps take the pain away, protects the rip from reripping and you still have a good grip on the bars. Sometimes using tape can make it difficult to hold on the to the bars.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back