RO Back Handspring!!!YAY!!!, Tempo and Onodi

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

henrik541

Gymnast
HI EVERYONE!

I'm bigger than myself right now! Seriously!
Today I did my first roundoff bhs all alone! I had done it before but it was so awful that I didn't even consider it a BHS. But today was awesome, I was so confident!... Okay, anyway...

Since I already have my RO BHS, I'm pretty sure my coaches will let me learn more skills. Do you think it would be dangerous to try a whip back (tempo) instead of BHS, on my own? Like, doing RO BWhip? How should I do it?

Also, my coaches never taught an Onodi, I don't think they had ever seen one before I showed them (they're not bad coaches at all, but I do acro, I don't think that skill has ever been used).
How should they teach me or spot me?

Thanks for any help!
I'M SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!!!
Sorry, it's over now...

Congrats! RO BHS is a huge accomplishment!!

Like, doing RO BWhip? How should I do it?

Also, my coaches never taught an Onodi, I don't think they had ever seen one before I showed them (they're not bad coaches at all, but I do acro, I don't think that skill has ever been used).
How should they teach me or spot me?

If your coaches don't know how to teach you the skill, you probably shouldn't be trying it. See what skill your coach says you should learn next, and move on from there.

Congratulations! I would look to consolidate your good BHS first. Progress to RO-BHS-BHS, and standing BHS.

Congrats! RO BHS is a huge accomplishment!!

If your coaches don't know how to teach you the skill, you probably shouldn't be trying it. See what skill your coach says you should learn next, and move on from there.

Thanks! And thanks for the advice to, but that's not really an option. I really want to do it and my coach says it's possible. I don't think it is that hard, I just don't know where to start. Of course I will only do it with his help. :) I'm definitely going to ask my coach what should I do next, but I know what theyre gonna say (tuck).

Congratulations! I would look to consolidate your good BHS first. Progress to RO-BHS-BHS, and standing BHS.

Thanks, it is a good idea. I have standing BHS, just not on my own.

I thinK I'm going to post a thread on Coach's Forum to help me with Onodi...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back