Parents Road to Regionals is getting really bumpy

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

The coach resigned. Ugh. She's staying until the end of the season (either this Sunday, after regionals, if anyone makes it that far, after nationals). In the meantime, she's cut way back on practice hours. We need more practice, not less, as the competition gets tougher. Even though the kid is done this month, she qualified for regionals and wants to do well.

Then, dd1 drew flight A, bars. She's fine on everything ohter apparatus, but that pirouette . . . If she hits it, fine, good meet. But if she doesn't, she'll carry it with her to beam. Double ugh.

Oh my gosh. That just bites. I am so sorry for your DD. They get so attached to their coaches, I can't imagine that shock right before regionals. I hope everything goes well for your DD.

:( on the coach and :( on the first rotation being bars. I totally know what you mean if they mess up the first event and carrying it to the next. I hope she hits all her routines that day.
I hope the gym can figure a way to still get the girls the practice time they need even with their coach cutting back their hours. I would be mad mad mad.

I'm sorry about the situation. Poor judgement on the coaches to tell the kids NOW, right before Regionals???? What were they thinking? I hope your DD gets that pirourette. UGH. And IMHO it's ridiculous that a coach leaving should cause a cut-back in hours. The coaching staff (I'm assuming there are others) should be made to fill in until a replacement can be found. Are they giving you a refund or lower tuition if they are cutting hours?

So far, it's not working out very well. The regional qualifiers are allowed to keep working out after practice, and one of the other coaches does try to step in, but she has her own group she's trying to watch, too.

I'm more disappointed than mad. Dd1 and I both totally get burn-out and understand the coach hit the wall, so to speak. She's got nothing left to give. I'm sorry she couldn't have held off another month; she probably is, too.

Haven't heard about a refund. If the gym just reduces tuition for next month, we won't benefit as dd1's last day is Apr. 29. I'm not going to pitch a hissy over a few dollars because dd1 is hoping to start working at the gym as soon as she's done.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back