Off Topic Road trip stops (Chicago through Denver)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

EaglesMom

Proud Parent
We're going on a road trip this summer. DD will miss practice for 2 weeks. I'm not worried about missing practice, but I do think she might appreciate stopping at an Open Gym or two along the way to get out of the car. Any good gyms to stop at between Chicago and Denver?

No suggestions about open gyms but when we went on a recent road trip, we found that staying at hotels with pools was the place where our gymnast burned off a LOT of energy every single evening, even on the many days we had walked over 6 miles (we were in Washington DC). He was in the pool for 45 minutes to 2 hours a night on his own, looking for toys he tossed in that sank to the bottom or playing with any kid that wandered in... I don't know what we would have done with his excessive energy if we hadn't pools around.

depends on the route but i just quickly typed it in on google maps and the second shortest route goes right through my town and a few others with gyms i'm familiar with, most gyms around here do not have open gyms, there's a tumbling club that does but my gym has always let people who are in vacation come in and train for a day or so, if you end up going that route message me and i can give you more information

Sounds like a great way for her to burn some extra energy and break up the drive. Take some time for yourselves while she is at gym to have a nice meal or see an attraction she would not pick.

Unfortunately the wedding was postponed, so the road trip is being rescheduled. Thank you everyone for your suggestions and ideas.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back