Parents ROBHS fairy was here!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mariposa

Proud Parent
Proud Parent
DD got her ROBHS on the floor last night many times! It looked really good, too. She was so excited because her and several other girls that also got it got to ring the gong and do it in front of the gym.

She also won a contest on the beam, which made her ecstatic as well since beam is her hardest and least favorite event. It was a great last practice for the week. I keep trying to change her negative thinking about beam, so maybe that helped a bit.

It is funny because I remember when she first started gymnastics I met the mom of these twin girls that was originally from here and moved to TN, NC or GA, and they were 6 1/2 or so and were out there doing ROBHS and I was shocked. I couldn't imagine my DD ever being able to do that at 6 or any age. LOL

Anyone need the floor fairy sent their way? :D

Yeah, for Abby!!!!!!

Like I just posted to another mom on another thread...these are those skills that make them feel like they belong on a team! My DD had no idea what being on the L4 team was last year, LOL, and knew nothing about meets. Learning those first big skills made her feel special and really motivated her to try more things.

I got to sit at a practice on Thursday and saw DD's coach. I joked w/her about how much my DD landed on her head last year doing those ROBHS & asked if she is doing better w/them now. She assures me she is and won't land on her head anymore & is even doing the ROBHSBHS fine. *whew* that's one thing I won't ahve to worry about this year!

Beam has not been nice to my DD either, but the more time she spends on it the better she gets. We hope to bust out of the 7's this year score wise. I think my DD would do better if there was music for the beam routine, LOL

Thanks Blackie! She is really excited. She wanted to show DH right on our tile floors. I was like, UM NO. I didn't have my camera with me so I couldn't get it on video for her to show him.

It is definitely that skill that makes them look like real gymnasts. LOL. Seeing them out there last night was so cute.

Beam is definitely where all the new L4s are lacking. They are supposedly going to do all 4 rotations on M/F and just beam and another one on Ws so they can focus more on beam. She knows the floor routine, but they haven't been shown the whole beam routine, just working on the little elements right now. DD is majorly bummed that she won't be competing till January, but my checkbook is fine with it.

Thanks for always cheering on us moms of new L4s. :D

Way to Go Abby! It is so cute to watch the little ones doing rhbs .They fill like the big girls then .

Wooohoooo!!! That is awesome - and really funny that she is ready to throw it on a tile floor to show her dad :rotfl:

How fantastic for A! This is such a milestone :D

It sounds like she had a great work out overall! Not to mention a perfect summer :) We need to start a thread Just on when everones dd's comp season starts cause I CAN NOT remember LOL - does A have 1st comp in Sep??? or later...

I read all your replies to her and she is beaming. Thanks! Seeing her so proud of herself is priceless.

The goal was to compete in September, but it looks like it won't be until January. She is still missing her front hip and her beam dismount. They actually don't even know the whole beam routine yet either, they are still working on all the little elements. She is sad, but I have told her it is better to be really ready to compete.

I got it on video tonight. She was so excited, she watched herself over and over and critiqued herself. She is really hard on judging. She was even critiquing the Olympic gymnasts. I was like, gimme a break. LOL.

Here is her ROBHS...YouTube - Round off back handspring

And something that has her literally cracking up on the floor here. I used the arrow button on the Quick Time video thing and ran it backwards and she was like, "hey, I can't do a front hand spring." She was totally confused until I showed her and now she is on the floor asking me to watch it backwards and forwards over and over and bursting into giggles. Who knew.

It definitely cheered her up. She found our Betta fish dead when we came home and he looked really bad because our sucker fish had, well, sucked on him and he was pretty yucky looking. :( She cried and cried. RIP Bluey. We'll miss you.

Last edited:
We were at a friend's house this week and they have a trampoline. DD got her standing (well, bouncing??) back tuck on it, so now she thinks she can do a RO-BHS-BT. :D Silly, silly, girl. I warned her that the tramp makes the tuck much easier, so not to try it at the gym and she was bummed, but then said she would just try it on the tramp. LOL. I can just see it. RO-BHS- bounce bounce BT! Amazing the confidence they get when they get a skill after working so hard to get it. :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back