Rock Star Invitational in memory of a very special gymnast.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Bailey (Level 7) is attending a meet in Christiansburg Va this weekend called the Rock Star Invitational. It is a very special meet because it celebrates the life of a very special little girl "Kassidy". Kassidy was a level 7 gymnast who had bone cancer. She lost her battle in July 2007. I thought you would all be inspired by her story.

Kassidy's Page

I'm not going to the meet or anything, but I saw a memorial video on youtube a couple months ago and I went to her page. I thought it was a really cool idea!:)

Yes... it is a horrible thing to have happened. She was exactly my daughter's age. I remember keeping up w/her blog when she was going through this terrible journey. I literally cried when I found out that she had passed away. The "rock star" invitational is a great tribute to her. Her younger sister, Courtney, is a level 8 gymnast at Virginia Techniques now.

Ya I read about her story a while ago and saw the youtube video. That's awesome they are holding a meet in her memory.

Good luck to Bailey.

Yeah I found the website a couple months ago when I heard Tumblequeensmom?? talking about it in a thread.It is quite sad but she lived a goood life.

What a beautiful tribute to such a beautiful young lady. Such a touching story. Her family and friends are in my thoughts. The time of years could never take the pain of the loss of a child away. Things like this really do put our "hectic" lives into perspective. I will keep my crazy,maddening life anyday over watching one of my babies go through something like that. Hearing of things like this make you hug them a little tighter, hold them a little longer, give them an extra kiss, tell them you love them until even you are tired of hearing it..lol. The simple simple things. The softness of their skin, the smell of their hair, that look of all knowing in their eyes when they ask you something...your the momma...so whatever you say has to be true. (of course that changes as they get older..lol). Yes, things like this make you reflect back, take a step back, and drop to your knees that you still have them to hold.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back