WAG Rope burn remedies?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

notthatmom

Proud Parent
DD spent lots of time working on the rope yesterday and now she's got crazy rope burn (like on her inner/back thighs) any recommendations on how to help heal it faster and ease the pain?

When my daughter got this badly her coach let her wear leggings a few times to let it heal. We put eucerine cream and aveeno with lidocaine on it and it healed pretty quickly.

Shorts aren't allowed during our practices, but we have all our girls keep 1 pair in their cubbies specifically for rope. And socks for the front of the foot burn. I would use aloe vera/Neosporin and bandage it up and see if she can wear shorts for the next time she has to climb.

Thanks all! I got the aloe spray for her today...and it seems to be helping. I'll throw her shorts in her gym bag just in case her coaches let her use them.

If they climb using just their arms...no rope burn! :D

Ditto on aloe and asking if she can wear leggings just for rope. I did a lot of rope work back in my circus days. We always practiced in leggings. Didn't eliminate rope burn, but sure helped!

If they climb using just their arms...no rope burn! :D

Ditto on aloe and asking if she can wear leggings just for rope. I did a lot of rope work back in my circus days. We always practiced in leggings. Didn't eliminate rope burn, but sure helped!
Funny you should say that, she wasn't supposed to use her legs :)
She told me "I had to climb the rope three times using just my arms, so there's rope burn on my legs now"

I was like "oh, well that makes sense :D"

It's because instead of using their feet, the coach had them try to use just their arms, and they use their legs like scissors to rest on the rope when they have to stop (normal) but for some kids this can cause rope burn. I tell the kids to have leggings because of this. Also when they practice the compulsory beam mounts where they have to straddle the beam, and mill circles, this can cause abrasions on the legs. So it's best to have a little longer shorts or leggings in this level.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back