routines changing

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

If I remember correctly the routines are changed every 5 years so I'm pretty sure that the 2009-2010 is the new routine date. My daughter is doing optionals right now but if I count back I think I'm right about the date.

For compulsory I think the change in routines is every 8 years. The last change was in 2005, so new routines would become effective in 2013. I believe the change for compulsory kids will be an option to use a new floor music or stick with the current stuff, but no change in actual routines. Optional COP does change for 2009-10 season.

Gym Law Mom is correct. The current compulsory routines are in effect until 2013. I've got the book in front of me right now. I have also heard about the possible music change, but have never read that on the USAG website.... but the routines are safe!

They changed a couple things mid-cycle last time. L5 and 6 beam used to have a step leap, step leap series, and they changed it to three steps into one leap. Maybe that was the only change. That's all I can think of off the top of my head. 2001-ish seems like a lifetime ago.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back