MAG Sad news -- New England Sports Academy

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

profmom

Proud Parent
For those who have not heard, I just heard last night that NESA has had to shut its doors. Back in the late fall, they discovered that the facility had asbestos in the walls, which required extensive abatement. My understanding is that there was just no way to afford it and have a plan for continuing training for the many athletes in different sports who worked out there. So sad for all those affected by this. I hope all the athletes and coaches can find good places to continue.

Oh man. That has to be so hard on everyone. Hope the kiddos find somewhere to land :(

I am hoping that they have some kind of plan to move the team to another gym and continue, or maybe that they've already got it in place. Great program.

Reactions: sce
What?!? That is so not good. This directly effects a former teammate of my ds. So sad.

Uh oh! They host the Boston Classic, don't they? Will it be affected? :/
Hope they get things figured out. It must be devastating for the coaches and gymnasts.

I still see a practice schedule for their boys team, but it seems lists multiple locations. So maybe they are working on an alternative plan?

Their optional girls are practicing at a diff gym with their old coaches . At the very least they wanted to be together as a team this season. Most opted to stay together though I know a few went to new gyms. Not sure about compulsory.

They are still hosting the Boston Classic which is this weekend.

I know the boys are still competing, as we've seen them at two meets. Boys Boston Classic in March, which is usually at NESA, is at Sterling this year, so I hear from ds's coach.

Sounds like they are looking for a new facility. In the mean time the teams are working out in other locations.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back