Parents Salto Invite, level 5 meet report and video

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mom2kazkids

Proud Parent
OK here is the report on Bug's second to last level 5 for the winter season. I do have to say that in awards, I met Elitemom. Her younger daughter was in my daughter's session, just a different age group.

I can also say that I went right to One True Media and uploaded the video first on Youtube before posting this report. It is still fuzzy, but up there.

OK on to the report not sure how many girls, but was in the 9/10 year old age group. Must have been over 30 as I think that they went out 16 places.

First up bars: I realized that I missed taping it, got great video of a blue sweatshirt, not sure how that happened. Not as good as last week, did not cast right out of her long hand kip, but still good enough for a 8.450--no place.

On to beam, I was so hopefully that she could hit her first 9 here considering she was fairly close last meet with a fall. It was a rock solid cartwheel, only real wobble was on the double pivot turn. Dismount not held as long as it was in warm up, but still good for a 9.250. 6th place. Some amazing beam scores were seen today.

Floor was next, our favorite Judge Judy was here, known to be one of the harder judges in the state, but we have had her at the gym multiple times to work floor and beam routines with the girls. Bug looked OK. Nearly slipped after her front handspring, but hung on. Still with the same split leap issues, why does she always leave the nicest ones on the practice floor. Overall a solid routine with a 8.675 good for 9th place

Lastly vault: All I could think about going into vault was I was hoping she could get a 8, as we have yet to see one outside of Cancun. I can say that she did not disappoint. The first vault looked awesome with a nearly stuck landing, second one some steps on the landing. score 8.700 going to awards I was hoping that her score would hold up for a medal, well it did not disappoint. It was good for 3rd place behind two of her teammates. The girls actually took 4 of the top 5 places on vault.

All around 35.075 good for a 5th place tie, getting 5th place. Here I thought with her just turning 9 at the beginning of the month and having 10 year olds in her age group she would be lucky to bring a medal home. Boy was I surprised.

The team took 2nd place, and 3 of Bug's scores went to the team score.

One more meet to go, then a spring, and summer to get ready for fall season.

I do have to add, that last week in practice Bug finished her beam assignment and with 10 minutes left had to work BWO on the beam. This is another head case that she has and tries to find a way to "weasel" out of doing them, Tuesday night she did not get to. First one on the low beam she missed a hand, so she went back to the squishy for a few, goes back to the low beam and misses her feet on a few more, then somehow lands one on her butt, not sure how that happened, so she goes back to the squishy. Was then at the end of practice, and coach has her do one more on the low beam, and she went and landed it. I was so proud of her coming back from a couple of mishaps to land the last one.

Thanks for reading my novel, and here is the video:

YouTube - Salto Invitational-Level 5 Gymnastics

Barb

Last edited:
Bug did well; good for her! :)
Isn't it great to see her succeed at a skill or meet after mishaps? So good for their confidence and character . . .

Great job, especially being one of the younger kids competing!

LOL on the bars video mishap...I had a similar problem during our last meet and missed DD's BEST floor routine EVER:p.

Your DD is doing great! She is a first year L5, right? Our first year L5's are having loads of trouble getting their AA's above 33-34. Bug ROCKED! I am very impressed with her vault and her floor, and beam looked great too...judges must have agreed! Congrats!

Floor was next, our favorite Judge Judy was here, known to be one of the harder judges in the state, but we have had her at the gym multiple times to work floor and beam routines with the girls. Bug looked OK. Nearly slipped after her front handspring, but hung on. Still with the same split leap issues, why does she always leave the nicest ones on the practice floor. Overall a solid routine with a 8.675 good for 9th place

Barb

Hey, we must live in the same state. ;) We have a super tough Judge Judy here too, except she's usually on bars! Bug did great!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back