Parents Sand Dollar report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mom2kazkids

Proud Parent
Hi all,

Bug and I made it back from sunny Florida today at 3:30pm, just in time for her to get to practice at 5pm. We had a great time, got plenty of sun, saw lots of characters, did some new and exciting rides for us. Bug and I tried Tower of Terror, Expedition Everest, and Space Mountain. According to Bug I get the bad mommy award as I did NOT like Space Mountain and refused to let my 7 year old go a second time without me.

The meet was good. She did well medaling on all but bars. Does anyone have a set of brakes that we can use for the mill circle? She did get her personal best on the bars 8.35, but again went over on the mill circle. Looking at the results she was 13/19.

On to beam next, wow were our girls in for a shock. Our team had scores from 6.4 to 8.2. Bug was the 8.2 and placed 10th. Got a really cute sea turtle medal.

Then on to floor. I think that I had a minor heart attack during the routine to see haw close she was to going out of bounds on the weight transfer before the backwards roll. Still it was her best event. 9.15 for 6th place. She received a manatee shaped medal.

Vault: Scores here were lower than we have seen in WI for our girls. Team ranged from 8.75 down to 8.3. Bug received the 8.75 and placed 8th, her teammate placed 9th. The medal for this event was starfish shaped.

All-around: 34.45 All of the level 4 girls received medals, but they did call out the top 10 places with scores, Bug was 9th place all around. The medal was in the shape of a sand dollar.

I will try to post the video early next week, but may need to leave off the bar routine, as I think that a not so nice word can out of my mouth with the mill circle.

Barb

Glad she had a good time and did so well! Sounds like you guys had a good time.

If you find the brakes for the mill circle, let me know. Abby gets hers about 50% of the time. I know that her coach told her to try to think "go slow" and sometimes that helps. When she practices at home, I tell her to go slow and when she gets to the top to push down with her hands. It sometimes helps.

I cracked up at your comment on the mill circle blooper on video. If you use One True Media, you can use music over it and block out any bad words said. :) I think it is free up to a certain amount of space and it is really easy to use. I find it takes less time to upload to One True Media than YouTube and it transfers pretty quickly to YouTube as well. :D

Didn't she do a fabulous job, and all those cool funky medals to take homw. Nice that all the girls got a meadl too, makes the trip even more special.

Did you have a fun trip with the kids, must've been a welcome change from the cold.

Oh man! How fun! Congrats to Bug on all her medals!!

I love meets that go outside of the box for medals. Last week's meet handed out 'Dogtags'. They are really cute and the girls could actually wear them as a necklace!

Beetle would LOVE LOVE a Manatee medal.. they are her favorite.

And - How could you not LOVE Space Mountain?!? LOL the last time we were there we rode it 5 times! LOL.. Did you go to the 'Its Tough to be a Bug' at Animal Kindom? I only ask because we call DD2 Bug.. and I have a super cute picture of her infront of the sign to that ride...

I'm so glad your dd had a fun meet! I am sorry we couldn't meet up w/ you there! We were there just long enough for dd to compete, go straight to bed, get up the next day, and leave for TX.

Those were certainly fun medals, weren't they?! My dd loved her 'manatee' medal, it's her favorite animal!

Glad you had a great time at Disney as well. :D

Congrats to your dd on all the medals!!!!!Sounds like you guys had a great time at Disney I always loved space mountain but refuse to ride tower of terror.

Great job by your dd, it sounds like a real fun meet! I love how the medals were different shapes - how cute!

I would love to go to Disney for a meet, but instead I'm off to the frozen tundra of Chicago this weekend for dd's meet! :rolleyes:

Wow! That sounds like a blast! And what a precious idea for a meet. I'm so glad you both had so much fun. I really love the medals they sound really cute :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back