Parents Saturday at the Ranch

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I

iggy1988

I wanted to first thank everyone for their kind words and well wishes. I know Cait and us really appreciate them...

Update on day 1:

Cait started off with physical testing today at 2pm. Great draw, got to sleep in and really mentally prepare for the day. As some of you know, parents are not allowed to watch any of the testing. We, instead had a 2 hour parent meeting which consisted of meeting Gary Warren, the director of USAG women's team, and Doc Ali (Alison Arnold), who is the sports psychologist for the National Team.

Doc Ali was very convicting in her discussion of how parents of gymnasts should act. It was very enlightening.

Enough about us, back to Cait.... She had an awesome day. Sure, she left a few points out there, but overall she was on. Her confidence is sky high, she had a spring in her step, and she is so looking forward to tomorrow morning.. Her skill rotation is:

Floor Acro
Floor Dance
Vault
Bars
Beam Acro
Beam Dance

We should get scores tomorrow when we leave and then we will know on Monday what team, if any, she made. A team is approx top 20, B team is approx next 20.

Below is a picture of her with her coaches after testing today...

Cait+coaches.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing. It must be odd to be excluded from your DD's testing, but I guess that is the way it is. Sounds like Cait is having a blast, just the way it should be.

Wow! You must be very proud! How exciting and to be forging ahead into the top tiers of USAG's women's gymnastics at such a young age. We love to hear about all these adventures.

Good luck to her!

I love hearing about the spring in her step, and seeing her sweet smile! I'm sure the confidence from today's success will carry her through tomorrow beautifully!

Thanks for taking the time to update us, it kind of feels as though she's a member of our extended family, and I couldn't be more proud!

Let her know she's got a very large cheer squad here all wishing her the best:)

So all this time we've been telling you what a wonderful opportunity for your daughter....just want to add sounds like the parents get to enjoy too! You will be walking around with the creme de la cream of gymnastics.....very cool! Thanks for sharing with us, I am really enjoying hearing about her trip, and yes, tell her all the "aunties" and "uncs" on CB are cheering her on!

I've said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it again in the next days and in the future: a huge THANK YOU to everyone for your awesome support!

Thanks for sharing with us, I am really enjoying hearing about her trip, and yes, tell her all the "aunties" and "uncs" on CB are cheering her on!
Thanks for taking the time to update us, it kind of feels as though she's a member of our extended family, and I couldn't be more proud!
Let her know she's got a very large cheer squad here all wishing her the best:)

Blackie and Canadiangymmom, I was nodding my head at your "aunties and uncs" and "extended family" comments, as that is exactly what CB has felt like in just this short time! Awesome, isn't it? I'm so glad that we all have this place with such positive, genuine support for each other and each other's children.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so glad that Cait is having a blast and that her confidence is high. It should be. Just getting to Houston is HUGE, no matter what team she makes or doesn't make.

Just enjoy your trip and of course keep us posted ( pun intended !). Like the others said, your CB family loves to hear all about it !

Wow what an exciting weekend for you!!!!! Good luck to her for the Sunday testing. Hope it goes beautifully. Can't wait for the update!:)

How wonderful for Cait - I'm so happy for her :D What a wonderful opportunity!

But I'm curious too, how ARE we parents supposed to act :D

Congrats to Cait! What a wonderful opportunity! I'm glad she's smiling and has a spring in her step That is definately the best part! I'm with the curious group....How ar we parents supposed to act! Best of luck Cait on Sunday's Programming!

What a great opportunity! I'm so glad that Cait is having a blast. Woohoo!

How wonderful for Cait - I'm so happy for her :D What a wonderful opportunity!

But I'm curious too, how ARE we parents supposed to act :D

Me too! So, what does Doc Ali say about our behavior?

Good Luck! I am a little behind here, so not sure if she is done yet or not....but in any case, I'm sure she had the time of her life! What a talented daughter you have, and a little cutie to boot! Congrats, what a thrill for your whole family!

Sounds like a great day for Cait!!! I also am curious to hear what Dr. Ali says about how us parents should act (I am sure I do not act in the correct way! :)

We just got in less than an hour ago, and we both Sean/Iggy and I are exhausted, so one of us will post tomorrow about what Doc Alison said about parents and gymnastics. (I may start a separate thread about it.)

Sean is planning on updating tomorrow about TOPs, but suffice it now to say that Cait is proud of herself, she's happy with how she did, and she had an incredible experience.

'Til tomorrow . . .

Yay! Glad things went well for Cait, that she had fun and is happy with how she did. I would love to hear what Doc Ali said, too. :) Can't wait for the whole update. :)

Sounds so awesome for Cait, and for you!

Can't wait to hear more about it all. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back