Saving Seats

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Just curious? What is the acceptable amount of seats one person should save at meets and for how long? A few meets ago was at a meet. When one "Mom" was saving an entire row of seats. Myself and my daughters friend had moved just to watch the floor exercise. The meet hadn't officially started and a lot of kids and parents were walking by. I moved my drink so it was not on the floor and would not get kicked over while people were walking by. The "mom" beside me barked at me about setting my drink in the spot she was saving. I kindly told her we were just there to watch floor and then would be moving seats. I also explained to her my drink was temporarily there so it would not get spilled. After floor was over for this rotation,the seats she was still saving had not been occupied. She was with a gym we had previously been at so I really did not want to argue over temporarily setting down a drink in her saved spot. But REALLY???

I try to have sympathy, because I hate being the one that is saving seats, sweating it out while the people that expect you to keep a seat are late or chatting it up somewhere else. I hate being asked to save seats.

I try to have sympathy, because I hate being the one that is saving seats, sweating it out while the people that expect you to keep a seat are late or chatting it up somewhere else. I hate being asked to save seats.

I do too. But at the same time, I have no problem telling people that I will get up when the rest of their party arrives. Often times, they "reserve" more than they need to. And in reality, I move around most of the time to catch the best video angle.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

our lot seem to save them by getting sweat shirts and bags etc from the gymnasts and draping them on seats. all the clubs seem to sit in blocks anyway.
i avoid certain of the main lot due to snarky stuff and and happy to sit with the other none clique parents!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back